HybridZ

Help! What brake options are available for S30 Z cars?

Trevor is correct. The spacer I initially designed has nothing to do with positioning the caliper and therefore it has nothing to do determining what the wheel to caliper clearance will be. My spacer positions the rotor with respect to the caliper.

As I stated way back in post #6 of this thread, the S12+8 caliper is not as wide as the S12W caliper and using this caliper will you obtain more wheel to caliper clearance.

My spacer can be used with either the S12+8 (wide version) or the S12W calipers. Its thickness only depends on what hub (240Z or 280Z) is used.

BTW, all of the Toyota calipers will end up protruding beyond the plane of the wheel mounting surface of the hub. If this is an issue then the solution is to use a another different type spacer between the wheel and the hub and swap out the wheel mounting lugs to longer ones.

• 1 month later...

I put the 240SX Caliper w/ 300ZX rotor swap on my car a few years ago, but I could never get the E-brake to engage properly. It does not seem to be getting enough "throw" from the stock cable.

Has any one else come across this issue? Do I need to re-orientate the stock cable some how when you do this swap?:bonk:

I put the 240SX Caliper w/ 300ZX rotor swap on my car a few years ago, but I could never get the E-brake to engage properly. It does not seem to be getting enough "throw" from the stock cable.

Has any one else come across this issue? Do I need to re-orientate the stock cable some how when you do this swap?:bonk:

Read my thread in this forum regarding this exact problem:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=145472

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking into this swap (S12W FR, 240SX RR) for my car (73 Z). I have Enkei Mesh wheels (15 x 7) and i am worried about the clearance. I like the wheels a lot and would hate to have to ditch them for the new brakes. I also wanted to upgrade to SS lines but the 240SX rear caliper has a banjo fitting and the z car lines wont bolt up, Is there an adaptor or do i need 240SX rear lines and s30 front lines. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
hey guys, i was wondering if you have the s12+8 for vented rotors can they still be used for a solid rotor anyways?

s12+8 calipers only work on a solid (stock) rotor. they are off a 1979 toyota truck 4x4. we have them in stock right now for $85. here's the link.

http://silverminemotors.com/product.sc?categoryId=14&productId=13

hey guys, i was wondering if you have the s12+8 for vented rotors can they still be used for a solid rotor anyways?

Go back to post #6 in this thread and you'll see that there are 2 version of the s12+8 calipers. One of them works with solid discs and the other with vented. The vented disc calipers will not work with solid discs nor will solid disc calipers work with vented discs.

• 2 weeks later...

so i've read every post in all 14 pages, as far as the rear brakes go everyone says to use the offset maxima bracket, with 82-83 zx calipers, but in post 104 redneckZ says its possible to use the 86 flat bracket with early zx calipers, and late rotors, is this true?

p.s. other than boring the center hole what else would need to be done?

are they the same bolt pattern as the toyota's 5 lug? know what i mean? like i cant put cobra rims on a camaro

It depends on what YEAR and MODEL Toyota the rear axle came from. Toyota has 2 5-lug circles, 5x100mm and 5x114.3mm.

84-86 300ZXT and/or 87-89 300ZX front hubs are 5-bolt 114.3mm

These Toyota models have 5x114.3 wheel bolt (lug) circles:

96-up RAV4

90-96 PREVIA

01-up HIGHLANDER

80-95 PICKUP 2WD

86-96 SUPRA,TURBO

89-92 CRESSIDA

99-up SOLARA

92-up CAMRY

95-97 AVALON

It depends on what YEAR and MODEL Toyota the rear axle came from. Toyota has 2 5-lug circles, 5x100mm and 5x114.3mm.

84-86 300ZXT and/or 87-89 300ZX front hubs are 5-bolt 114.3mm

These Toyota models have 5x114.3 wheel bolt (lug) circles:

96-up RAV4

90-96 PREVIA

01-up HIGHLANDER

80-95 PICKUP 2WD

86-96 SUPRA,TURBO

89-92 CRESSIDA

99-up SOLARA

92-up CAMRY

95-97 AVALON

Great Info trevor. thanks. What would my options be if i have the 5x100mm?