HybridZ

The O-ring injectors don't fit

pjo046

Well, now I have received the custom intake manifold and fuel rail from Spork(Lonewolf performance) The intake looks superb! :-) But the holes in the fuel rail seems to big for my Lucas 550cc injectors. I thought the O-ring injectors should just slide right in and that the little rubber ring on them should act as the sealer. Is it not so?

Take a look at these pictures. Perhaps hard to see, but the hole is to big for the injectors. What must I do to correct this?

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=4549&cat=530&page=1

Also, the fuel-pressure gauge is liquid-filled, but there is a big air bubble in it. Is it supposed to be this way? Will it perhaps dissapear when the engine is running and there is some pressure?

Will do when that time comes! :-) (Take a picture)

Man that sucks! I specifically said I was using Toyota Supra turboinjectors, NOT the big USA types. I sent him an e-mail about it, but he said that I should just get a bigger O-ring and use. Will that work? I don't want a leaking fuel system.....

I cant really tell how much bigger your injectors hole is. Is there anyway you can measure it?

Looking at the picture again it may be the correct size. You can get different o-rings at Advance or a similar parts chain. They have them in stock you can look through the different size orings -- take one of the original ones with you to pick out the right size. THey are cheap like 50cents so grab a bunch and expirament.

-Austin

Injector bore hole size should be in 11mm (0.433") range for Mitsu. O-rings from RC (green ones) measure 0.460" uncompressed and should have about 0.020 inteference fit. My Pallnet is too tight at 0.420 and even prelubed destroys o-rings, cannot reuse. At least they don't leak.

Pic of the manifold please!! I am waiting for mine as well :-)

It sounds like you may have the wrong size injectors for the rail. The o-rings should be a tight fit. My Pallnet rail is a very tight fit for the 550 inj's that I currently run.

Yes, I know. But what can I do about it? The injectors I have are 550cc's and brand new ones. I'm not going to buy a new set..... Will I have to have made another fuel rail then? Or can I use thick rubber o-rings that will make it a tight fit?

I will post pictures once I have taken some. :-)

Hmmm. Turns out neither the holes in the fuelrail nor the holes in the intake fit my injectors. The easiest and best sollution I think is if I send him my set of six new 550cc supra injectors, and he can get me a set of new 550cc domestic injectors that will fit my rail and intake.

Anywho, you wanted pictures. Here's some for you:

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=4626&cat=530&page=1

Well, haven't exactly gotten the issues solved. He wants me to send the entire intake and fuel rail back, along with two of my injectors so that he can modify the intake, and make a new fuel rail and new fasteners.

But shipping from here to USA for that will be somewhere between 65 and 80$

And then shipping back from USA will be another 40$.

How much does a set of six new domestic 550cc injectors cost?

Well, we'd really like to make things right with this intake and simply build another fuel rail. He said there were a few scuffs and such on the intake as well and this will give us a chance to re-powder coat it while we have it and generally do the best we can to take car of him. At this point if things still need to be kept public step by step on the process, I guess we can keep getting updates, but it seems kind of silly. We will fix the intake and ship it back to him ASAP. The only part that sucks for both of us is that shipping time slows things down since he's in Norway. I'm also paying for all shipping costs out of my pocket, so the cost doesn't really matter at this point. Anyways, we are working with him and will get his intake modified so it will work for his application.

On a side note...I searched and read over 50 e-mails from him from top to bottom several times now and still can not find anywhere he stated that he was using supra or 11mm injectors, but we're still willing to fix things for him. I'm not going to post all the details here because I don't think it really matters to most of you, but I feel like our business is getting a little beat up over this for no reason, so I wanted to makes sure I stated our side as well.

I hope no one thinks that Lonewolf Performance isn't a great company, because they are. We only had a misunderstanding which we are sorting out now. I first posted here because I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas if it could be fixed without sending the intake back.

So pay no mind to all this. Their products are great and as this shows their customer care is great as well! I am really looking forward to receiving the head they have built for me, and when we get the intake properly modified it is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to assemble the engine and testing it out.

Sorry not meaning to "thread jack" here.

Hoke

You scare me with the mallet thing.. l8

This may help you guys with installing injectors into a tight bore.

Loosely fit the brackets to the rail.

After lubing the O-rings on the injectors. Fit the injectors inot the bores of the rail with a slight twisting/rotating motion. Once you have all the injectors into the rail (Don't worry the bores are tight enough to hold the injectors in the rail) you can install the rail and injectors as an assembly onto the intake.