HybridZ

01 mustang bullitt rims

my brother got new rims for his bullitt so i immediately pondered with the idea putting them on my car.

tell me what you think... i still need to hunt down some front hubs.

all i need are the front hubs from a 300zx and these should fit... right?

i know i have to change my brake setup as well too

268650_34_full.jpg

Guest 73Turbo240z

lol i'd been contemplating the same thing when i saw a set of bullit wheels pop up on a local domestic board for $300 bones...

if you don't mind the work to go to 5 lug, i say that looks pretty sweet, check your rear fitment for clearance though obviously.

Guest JAMIE T

I think they look great. Retro-Rod styling. Once you convert to 5 lug, you'll need to put @ a 5/8" spacer on the rear. Don't worry, it'll STILL fit under the stock wheel arch. Mikelly has standard GT wheels on his car to roll it around the garagem and the are the same size as the Bullit wheels. The front fits fine with Z31 hubs, but the back needs a spacer.

Yup, they work just fine... Get on Jamie's list to buy his ultra bling front hubs and then drill out your rear stub axles to five lub and you're there...

Those rims shoudl be a size 8inch or 8.5... I used a half in rear wheel spacer and rolled the lip fo the fender... I now have a 25540-17mounted on the rears with no rub issues and the tire does not interfere with my coil over kit.

Mike

mikelly,

how much space do you have in the rear with the coilovers.... i still have stock spring perches and im not sure if itll still fit in the rear

with all these compliments, im gonna have to do the 5 lug swap and throw these on.

thanks

kevin

I can fit a finger in between the strut assemlby and the tire/rim on the 255 series Bridgestone RE750 tire. Car has been rolling around on these just fine, and those who have been to my shop for cookouts can attest to the fender clearance and fitment.

Mike

• 8 months later...

finally got the wheels on the car permanently ... got back from collegeand had some extra cash so i got the suspension, brakes, and wheels all squared away... all thats left is the engine

bullitwheels.JPG

wheels.JPG

rearwheel.JPG

unfortunately i didnt have the cash to upgrade the rear brakes to rotors yet

this all fits perfectly under stock fenders with stock perches.... its really a tight fit in the front and a small spacer was needed for the rear.