HybridZ

I've been spoiled

innerware

So, the datsun has definately spoiled me. I just changed the plugs, cap, rotor and air filter on my new 850 turbo wagon. Can't believe all the crap you have to remove to to get to the cap. Then its held on with three screws. The rotor is held on with three allen head screws. I had to remove the air box, a turbo intercooler pipe, and other crap. Pain!!!

Just thought I would share. Can't wait to get back to the Z.

well, part ofthe problem is i didnt go about it in the easiest way. I tried to take part of the intake plenum off first rather than just taking off the trottlebody and then themoving the entire plenum out of the way. It is just a pain in the butt to have to remove that many parts to get to the plugs. this is the v6 sho btw

Love those alien head screws, did yours have 2 eyes or 3? hehehehe Luckily I was able to drill a slot by successive hoes and remove them that way and then replace them with slotted screws. The "tool" for the 3 eyes alien screws is not cheap or readily available. Those bast*rds! what's really fun is trying to get off a torx head with the little post in the middle without buying a complete set to get the one size you need.