HybridZ

260z 2+2 r200 3.36???

Tekira

ok, i am really confused. I pulled my diff of my 260 2+2 because it needed new mounts and it was leaking. I thought i had a r180 3.36, but i read a post that said the 260z 2+2 had the r200 3.36. How do i tell the difference? i need to get a new diff and i want to make sure i buy the correct unit.

Also if i have the r200 can i swap any r200 from different z's into mine?

Ok i did some searching and look at some pictures and it look like my 260z 2+2 has a r200. yea! Anywho i hace come to the conclusion that finding a nother 3.36 r200 is next to imposible so... All it needs it the side seals to be replaced. How do you get the side flanges off with out damaging them or using the special flange plate tool with a slide hammer.

Solved! Thx guys, also 2+2 manual's are rare compared to the auto 2+2. I am puting in a 81-83 5sp as well. so with the .74 5th i will be doing 2600 rpm. Ive got a 2.9l stroker ready to go in so torque at that rpm wont be an issue. Ill get some killer mpg though. But If the 3.36 is to low ill buy that 3.54 off ya thumper. I Almost bought a r180 ha.

I'm not just trying to steal the 3.36 from yeah:twisted: but if you are going to stay n/a then the 3.545 will help. I would even go with a 3.9. I ran 2.8l 10:1 compression su carbs, msa header, intake, mallory dist and a 3.545 rear-end. I then changed to a 3.9 rear-end and picked up two car lenghts on my friends modded vw gti 1.8t So you might want to consider a 3.9 Although with the 2.9l you just might want a 3.545 plus it would be better for highway cruising. I also have both speedo gears so that your speedo won't be off. PM me and let me know when you would want to switch.

Solved! Thx guys, also 2+2 manual's are rare compared to the auto 2+2. I am puting in a 81-83 5sp as well. so with the .74 5th i will be doing 2600 rpm. Ive got a 2.9l stroker ready to go in so torque at that rpm wont be an issue. Ill get some killer mpg though. But If the 3.36 is to low ill buy that 3.54 off ya thumper. I Almost bought a r180 ha.

With that setup you will get great gas mileage but you will take a lot longer to get into the midrange power band of your motor. With that tranny, 1st, 2nd and 5th are taller gears. IMO your car will feel like a slug with that gearing. I recommend a 3.70 diff, you will still get great mileage.

With that setup you will get great gas mileage but you will take a lot longer to get into the midrange power band of your motor. With that tranny, 1st, 2nd and 5th are taller gears. IMO your car will feel like a slug with that gearing. I recommend a 3.70 diff, you will still get great mileage.

That's a good point. A friend of mine had to install a 3.36 with her ZX 5 speed after her 3.90 R180 LSD broke. That made all the difference. The car was really sluggish with that tall rear end.

Well i cleaned it off everything and poped out the spindles and yanked out the old side seals. Now i want to make sure those will never leak for a long time. Any tricks to putting them in or companys that make better seals than others. i mean it seems eazy, just call up msa and get the seals and then pop em in, or is there more to it than that.

Im not that concerned about the slug factor of having a 3.36 and the taller gears. I do have 14" wheels so that helps a little. Ill try it out first and see what i think.

OK, if you have a 3.36 and are turbo i, then Keep it!!

If yo are n/a, then allow an brother to steal he 3.36 from you and ship you a pefectly good 3.54 or perhaps a 3.70 lsd... The 3.36 are really valuable to many of us :-) We would just need you to take off the rear cover and verify the 37:11 on the ring gear...

Lemme know,

regards,

Mike Gadwaw

Orlando, Fl

OK' date=' if you have a 3.36 and are turbo i, then Keep it!!

If yo are n/a, then allow an brother to steal he 3.36 from you and ship you a pefectly good 3.54 or perhaps a 3.70 lsd... The 3.36 are really valuable to many of us :-) We would just need you to take off the rear cover and verify the 37:11 on the ring gear...

Lemme know,

regards,

Mike Gadwaw

Orlando, Fl[/quote']

mike wants that 3.36!! lol

i do too.. i found 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 260Z 2+2's here in houston and i wanna get the rear ends.. but no time!!!

mike