HybridZ

How to Drive the Nuremburgring

johnc

It's km/hr. I converted it and 391 is 242 mph' date=' which is definitely possible. I think it has to do with the arcade mode vs the sim mode, and that Toyota is DAMN fast and the guy playing the game is DAMN good. I've been into the 5:20's in the sim mode, but I'm still using the joystick so I'm handicapped somewhat.

I don't think the game is totally accurate either. I pulled a 6:53 in a 240Z for cryin out loud. Look at that link I had earlier to REAL lap times, that's faster than a Radical SR8.

Some of it has to do with driving on the verge of death the whole time, but also some of that has to be the game just not being accurate. For one thing when I did the 6:53 I had super soft tires on. If it weren't a practice session the tires would be completely gone within 1/4 lap.[/quote']

Oh man, I feel f**kin retarted.... :D My 6:13 was in a M3 GTR.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That driveline noise is fine.

If you ever get a chance to take a few laps in a real race car' date=' you'll get into your personal vehicle and thank every inch of your interior for protecting your ears from all that noise.

No, A Zcar drivetrain won't be that loud, but when gutting a car, putting in the level of chassis fortefication that car has, and then putting the race suspension under it the way it is, you get a really LOUD, really rough car that is made for one purpose... The track.

[/quote']

I completely understand that, but all the track cars I've been around have never had that much whine. Maybe I'm just used to hearing transaxle ALMS Porsches which probably dampen some of the sounds from the "diff" a little better.

What i am wondering now is, how do the rear wheels spin when accelerating at say 2 g's, but they stick when braking at say 4g's? Must have alot to do with weight transfer of course.

Think i just got it, the wheel spin is at low speeds where the throttle is applied too viciously with out the level of precision a brake can be applied with, also low down force. Also since the car is moving much faster when doing a 4g brake there is alot more down force causing the wheels to stick alot better. Is this correct? And then when 4g's of acceleration can acctually be done, on a straight alreadyg oing fast, the motor simply can't spin that hard.

Think i just got it, the wheel spin is at low speeds where the throttle is applied too viciously with out the level of precision a brake can be applied with, also low down force. Also since the car is moving much faster when doing a 4g brake there is alot more down force causing the wheels to stick alot better. Is this correct? And then when 4g's of acceleration can acctually be done, on a straight alreadyg oing fast, the motor simply can't spin that hard.

That's it exactly.

You know, I finally understood that towards my last post on this thred. But somehow his wording makes it alot easier to understand. I think my mind overcomplicated it all.

yea, your right about the braking vs acceleration thing. I remember reading in a road and track issue about where one of the editors got to drive a formula car. The drivers told him to absolutely stand on the brakes at first, but as the car slowed to let off progressively as the downforce would be decreasing and therefore traction and braking capability would be less.

• 2 months later...

Even on different computers I get the BMW video. Here's the full link text without http stuff.

videos.streetfire.net/iPlayer.aspx?fileid=51F08AD2-A549-43F0-AD1B-E91F288808EB

Try pasting this and adding the http:// at the front.

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey John the problem wasn't with the X5 video but the very first video at the start of the thread. I keep getting the terrorist blowing himself up!! haha

Not that watching a terrorist blowing himself up isn't entertaining, but I want to see the crazy race video!! haha

']Hey John the problem wasn't with the X5 video but the very first video at the start of the thread. I keep getting the terrorist blowing himself up!! haha

Not that watching a terrorist blowing himself up isn't entertaining' date=' but I want to see the crazy race video!! haha[/quote']

I get the same thing.

If someone downloaded the M3 video, can you post it or host it or something? :)

Thanks.