HybridZ

Finally got the stroker with the lightened pistons in the car! (PICS)

1 fast z

Ok, some pics, Ill get some of it in the car soon.

Yea so last night we got the stroker dropped in and running, and finished doing the sx tranny swap (VERY NICE BTW) today. Well we got it out on the road tonight, and WOW!!!! Yea, I see a 12 sec pass coming along this weekend, hehe. Yea so we got it on the street, and had to run a bit less timing, (32 total) and fatten it up a bit. It needed ALOT more fuel then with the old motor. Like 30% more!! Yea, 11.8-1 compression is NICE!! I cant wait till friday night when we go to the strip, and put CAM 2 in the car, with 36 total timing, HAHAHHAHA. Yea, so first gear is SICK. I mean from 2 thou to 7 thou in like 2 seconds, no exaduration. It gets to 120 REALLY fast compared to before. The motor is SOOO smooth. ALOT louder than before (hard to hear the girl friend talking, haha.) But yea, the torque is TREMENDOUS. I love how when the tires arent hot, and you punch it in first, it just rips them off all the way through first, then you slam second, and it tears them up about 3/4 of the way through.

miscneedssorting138.jpg

miscneedssorting140.jpg

miscneedssorting142.jpg

miscneedssorting139.jpg

That is looking really nice.. Very nice build for sure.. Looks like alot of attention to detail.. Cannot wait to see some numbers and times..

I do have one question though.. why a fram oil filter? I would not trust one of them to a motor like this.. I personally would go with a K&N or even a factory Nissan filter. but thats just my 0.02

Here is a nice read..

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

As I've saidin other forums, thats HOT! love the colors and the shiny polished bits! Cant wait to see a dynochart! I bet it will lay down more than you are expecting......

Thumper>>>> obviously you do not know of 1 fast Z's distaste for break-in periods, lol! He told me he never breaks an engine in, and thats how he did his last one. Ran just fine until it died an unnatural death. Ill let him share the details if he wants, HA ha!

as far as the fram oil filters...... where the hell did this come from?? I NEVER heard about Fram being bad until I moved down to Phoenix. I run Fram on EVERYTHNG and Ive never roasted an engine due to an oil problem. well, o.k. just once. But it was a KA24E, and it had broken the timing chain guides, allowing the tensioner to pop out and create a massive internal oil pressure leak. quite common problem on the eearly ones.

EDIT: a fram filter matches the color scheme!! lol actually, a factory nissan blue unit would as well.

I'm impressed by everything but the lock wire. There is a tool called safety-wire pliers for this application. The end result is cleaner and tighter. I did this on many weapon systems aboard naval ships as a mechanic years back. You can find a good pair on the web. Keep up the good work!

Lock wire basics http://www.lrrsracing.com/RuleBook/lockwire.htm

The pliers http://www.tavia.com/cat1.html

http://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4351283P3603412-Klein-Tools/K02-12213-12214-12215-12216-Klein-Tools-Aviation-Safety-Wire-Pliers-by-Klein-Tools.aspx

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=2065&keyword=safety+wire+pliers

While that lockwire job will not cosmetically comply with NAVAIR 1-1A-8 or 1-1A-15, functionally it will do the job.

The bolts are in close geometric configuration so single wire "loop style" securing is acceptable...

This isn't an F-15D APU or CGB...

While that lockwire job will not cosmetically comply with NAVAIR 1-1A-8 or 1-1A-15' date=' functionally it will do the job.

The bolts are in close geometric configuration so single wire "loop style" securing is acceptable...

This isn't an F-15D APU or CGB...[/quote']

you beat me to it Tony. no twists in that wire..... but at least the bolts won't unexpectedly fall out...

• 1 month later...

So I finally got the motor dialed in, and MAN, I am real satisfied. Took it to the autocross event a couple weeks ago, and performed flawlessly. LOTS of torque and power. I have taken it to 7600 is the highest so far, everything is holding up nicley. I am going to peg the tach here one of these days once its REALLY dialed in, nothing like a straight six at 8 GRAND :).

Wow that engine looks great, Excellent work.

About the fram oil filter: If you take a fram oil filter apart and lay out the filter material and compare it to say a wix filter you will find the fram filters have significantly less filtering capacity. This is true of the air filters as well. At least this was the case about 10 years ago, I don't imagine anything has changed.

Actually cam right now, is VERY mild, iniatially. Only .480 lift, and 282 duration. I am inserting a .510, 296 cam very soon. Only draw back, is that I will have to go TPS based, instead of MAP based, as the vacume is REALLY low (I know its not vacume, but rather pressure difference so no flaming!)