HybridZ

Brake booster

Ok, pulled the booster out tonight. Seemed to work fine when I parked it (5 years ago or more)

Now, to save me the hassle, how can I test to make sure it is working correctly. ???

BTW, when I took it out.... brake fluid came pouring out :eek: ......Leaky master cylinder? :)

Ok' date=' pulled the booster out tonight. Seemed to work fine when I parked it (5 years ago or more)

Now, to save me the hassle, how can I test to make sure it is working correctly. ???

BTW, when I took it out.... brake fluid came pouring out :eek: ......Leaky master cylinder? :)[/quote']

Could be that it previously had a bad master, could be that the master is bad now. If you see a booster that has the paint peeled off and is all rusty under the master that's from a bad master. The fluid doesn't come out of there unless somebody takes the booster off and pours the fluid out.

I took the master off a few weeks ago to rebuild and powdercoat it ( the guts were in pretty bad shape) but haven't put it back together yet... thanks for the offer Mark..

My biggest concern it the booster.. with all the fluid that came out of it, I am afraid that the internals of the booster may have went south... I hate to put a bad (or going bad) piece back in.

no vacuum pump here.....question though, if I put pressure on the vacuum port on the booster, should any air leak out of it???