HybridZ

Ziex ZE-512 and Ecsta 711 vs GForce Sport

rudypoochris

Okay, I have been looking at 225/50/R15 tires to mount on rewinds for my 240z and was wondering if anyone had experiences with the Falken Ziex ZE-512, Kumho Ecsta 711, or BFG Gfroce Sport? The sport is the most expensive of the 3 ($78) and from the reviews it seems to be the best. But how do the Kumho's at $53 a wheel and the Ziex at $63 a wheel match up? If i knew for certain that I was keeping this set of wheels for a while, then I would be more inclined to go with the Sports, but I am basically keeping these wheels until the Rota Grids become available which could be tommorow, next month, next year, or never. So here are some of the tires general specs:

BFG GForce Sport - 340 AA A - 23 Lbs - VR Speed Rating

Kumho Ecsta 711 - 320 AA A - 22 Lbs - HR Speed Rating

Falken Ziex ZE-512 - 360 AA A - VR Speed Rating

Total prices for four tires works out to be:

BFG GForce Sport - $312

Kumho Ecsta 711 - $212

Falken Ziex ZE-512 - $252

So in your opinions in the extra $25 or $15 per tire for the g-Sports justified? Or are the others just as good? And if they are not as good, are they still the better choice because alot of money is saved?

Thanks!

In the order of bad to good. Ecsta, Ziex, G-force. I have run all three on different cars. The ecsta are good cheap performance tire but the least sticky. Ziex are good but not worth the money over the ecsta. The g-force sports are very sticky and worth the price. I am currently running these on the z and they hook well and stick great. I would recommend them.

Just to mix things up.... How about the Yokohama AVS ES100, somehow i missed this one.

$84 Each - $336 total.

280 AA A - VR Speed Rating - 22lb tire

It seems to have some outstanding results for traction and cornering (on tire rack) but there are alot of negative reviews too citing poor noise level and quick wear with little stick. I believe someone on the forum tried these and said they sucked. Are these better the the g-Sports?

IMO...these are what I would think for a good street/autox tire for the price

Kumho MX

Falken Azenis RT215 or RT615

Avon Tech M500

Yokohama Advan Neova

Sumitomo HTR ZII

I have experience with the both the Kumho MX's and Falken Azenis RT215s. The MX's are on my mom's 500RWHP Cobra. It hooks up well considering and handles well at the limit. The tires let you know when they're read to let go too. The Azenis are on my brother's "g-pull" Honda Civic. They just keep grabbing and are also designed with a bit of negative camber in mind. There is much more meat on the inner part of the tire. My friend also has these on his 3600lb 740 hybrid turbo Volvo. He has over 30,000 miles on them and still going strong. Lasted much longer than the Nitto NT555s and Pirelli P Zeros that he had previously. I've heard that the AVS Yoks just don't compare to the newer tires. They tested them last year in Eurotuner with the same car and they came in dead last. I think they just did a new tire test in the current issue if you want to check that out. May help your decision.

I'm sure there are more, but I can remember any off the top of my head. There are also the "competition" tires too. Nitto NT01, Kumho V700 and V710, etc...

IMO...these are what I would think for a good street/autox tire for the price

Kumho MX

Falken Azenis RT215 or RT615

Avon Tech M500

Yokohama Advan Neova

Sumitomo HTR ZII

I have experience with the both the Kumho MX's and Falken Azenis RT215s. The MX's are on my mom's 500RWHP Cobra. It hooks up well considering and handles well at the limit. The tires let you know when they're read to let go too. The Azenis are on my brother's "g-pull" Honda Civic. They just keep grabbing and are also designed with a bit of negative camber in mind. There is much more meat on the inner part of the tire. My friend also has these on his 3600lb 740 hybrid turbo Volvo. He has over 30' date='000 miles on them and still going strong. Lasted much longer than the Nitto NT555s and Pirelli P Zeros that he had previously. I've heard that the AVS Yoks just don't compare to the newer tires. They tested them last year in Eurotuner with the same car and they came in dead last. I think they just did a new tire test in the current issue if you want to check that out. May help your decision.

I'm sure there are more, but I can remember any off the top of my head. There are also the "competition" tires too. Nitto NT01, Kumho V700 and V710, etc...[/quote']

Unfortunately all of those tires are alot more expensive then what I have or aren't available in 225/50/15. I will check out falken though (they aren't on tirerack).

The Azenis are a great tire and I would buy those over the others but... they do not make them that large in 15's. The es100 are better than the ecsta, same as ziex, and not as good as g-force sports. Besides the azenis I have not found any tire that can compare to the g-force for the price.

Kuhmo's I purchased for my sons Honda, decent tire but thats on a Honda. I run the BFG's KD Sports and for the bucks I really like them better than any Kuhmo I have run.

Mike