HybridZ

Need pic of Kaminari race air dam installed please

RB26powered74zcar

I was running that air dam on my car, you can kinda see it in my sig pic. My roomate had the great sence to delete all the old pics off of his computer so all the bigger pics I had of it are gone!

I filled up the foglight holes and it made the thing look way better. I hope to find another one. I jammed the car into a ditch and turned the air damn into about 100 pieces.

Thanks Kenny, I save your pic then enlarged it and it does look nice.

I think I will do the same with filling in those huge light holes. How is it to mount the air dam? Will I need to make braces?

I like the look you had with out the front bumper. I will need maximum air flow with this 4.5" IC

CLICKIE

turbo032a7jz.th.jpg

DOH!!! they dont make them anymore, that sucks.

As for mounting, mine was really a strong piece. I would maybe add a brace or two to the foglight mount area, if I was going to be doing alot of highspeed stuff. Sorry for my lack of pics, I had a bunch of nice ones, but they are all gone. (boooo)

Kenny

Last time I checked, you could still get these at MSA. That's where I got mine from within the last year or so. They're more expensive than the other one's they carry, but they told me that the Kaminari air dam is higher quality.

Nice pic Bartman, thanks. Would you happen to have a strait on shot of the front?
I'll try to post a straight on shot of mine later today.

Ok' date=' I remembered I had one hosted at AOL. good closeup of the airdam with a bumper this time.

[img']http://hometown.aol.com/kmracer007/myhomepage/right34.jpg[/img]

Is that a 240Z bumper? Your car looks like it's a 260Z. Did you use 240Z mounts or shorten the stock bumper shocks?

Sorry to hear that you dumped it. But it does look sweet.

Do you remember what they charged you to ship to Atlanta?

as stated above, they can still be bought from msa and they are still the same price they have been there for the past six years that i can recall. shipping, unfortunately, was $90. it's a huge box they ship it in. i saw the one on ebay and almost bought it as a spare for my next car.

kenny, i still have the pics you sent me two years ago and am using them as reference for mounting my new air dam on my 280. thanks again! :-D

Is that a 240Z bumper? Your car looks like it's a 260Z. Did you use 240Z mounts or shorten the stock bumper shocks?

Sorry to hear that you dumped it. But it does look sweet.

Car is a 75 280. I made some steel brackets out of 3/8" flatbar to mount the 240 bumper onto the 280. I sucked the bumper as close to the body as possible so it would look better (imho)

Im fixing the car as we speak, ive got the standard "while im there" problem going right now ;)