HybridZ

I think my project is done....

DavD3

Well, after 5 years i think i am close to finish line as never before.But on the other hand does anyone knows where finish line is? Seems to me as long as i have this car i can find something that needs to be done. After two engines, 3 rear ends, 3 transmissions, 2 pair of carbs i think my car is there.It's not the fastest car on the street but i do enjoy it,even right now i want more speed and more HP and more torgue.... i guess as everyone else. I changed almost everything on this car and probably had put around 2000 miles since rebuild the engine back in 2001.I don't know what i didn't change on the car, because after fixing one thing the other needed attention or replacment.

With 4.37 in the back car drove great, but was not fun on freeway,so i changed it to 4.11 LSD now car is more easy to drive and it still spins tires through the shifting 1-2 and i think today it did in 2-3. There is room for improvemnet.It might go 0-60 in 6 flat after i will have more time with her and might go mid 14s , might have to change tires to better brand though.

Thank you all for all answers to my questions during this building time. Well, now it's either Rebello head or other 240z and this time it will be either turbo or V8.

If someone could post pictures i'd really appreciate it, and here is the link to the car with all modifications i did:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2186994

I am coming very close to "finishing" my car too. I have just started the body work recently and it will get paint this spring. I dont really know if it will be "finished" though? I am always finding something new to do or that I would like to do to it! I dont think cars like ours are ever really finished, the guys who restore cars finish them......Hybridz guys never really finish cars! Ours are like 95% done with the other 5% for future upgrades!

Nice car by the way!

Guy

Well, after 5 years i think i am close to finish line as never before.But on the other hand does anyone knows where finish line is?

From my experience with the Z31, the finish line that point in a project that can be approached, but never quite attained.

Congratulations on your car. It looks great. I love the interior and only hope I get as close to the finish line as you are.

Well' date=' after 5 years i think i am close to finish line as never before.But on the other hand does anyone knows where finish line is?

From my experience with the Z31, the finish line that point in a project that can be approached, but never quite attained.

Congratulations on your car. It looks great. I love the interior and only hope I get as close to the finish line as you are.

Asymptotic?

Naaa it's actually exponential the more money you spend as time progresses the less you get from it. For example, the first 1500 gets you a whole car, then the next 3k gets you just a transmission, then the next 6k gets you just the engine, then the next 12k gets you the custom paint job... anything above that you're talking big money.