HybridZ

Uh, flip floped hybrid.. :)

Cruez

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a 66 or 67 Mustang with a 2JZ swapped in a while ago.. Great looking car and very nice swap. The guy that did it lived in Japan, so standard 302 and 289 parts were very hard to come by.. He wanted something that had a solid aftermarket and support structure locally - so he went with a 'Yota motor.

IMO if its your car, do what ya wanna.

I dunno man... it's no more wrong than putting an RB in a classic Z. It all depends on the point of view of the individual. There are many in the Z community that feel we' date=' as HybridZ members, are 'destroying' Z cars by installing non-original, or non-stock, motors. Are they right? Are they wrong?

I'm not well versed on the history of HybridZ's founding, but I imagine it was started, in part, due to the purist attitudes that are VERY prevalent at other Z sites. The HybridZ rules and regulations, if you will, specifically state that there is no room here for purism in any form. Hybrid is a melting pot of sorts and we should pride ourselves on our ability to be open minded, tolerant, and supportive of others... regarless of our personal opinions. THAT is what makes this forum great.

The attitudes of the individuals on that SVT forum really made me glad that HybridZ exists... even if I don't agree with everything or everyone on here.

Who cares if someone put an RB into a classic Mustang?

Who cares if I put an RB into my Z car?

"My money... My time... My car... piss off!" :D[/quote']

Hey Keith.....didn't Sean Morris of RB Motoring tell us to keep the F&F-III Mustang RB story a hush ? DOh !

Oh well....cats out of the bag.If pix are already floating around of the powerplant......someone out there is leaking.Glad those weren't MY pix. I just didn't want RB Motoring getting any flack if avoidable.

( edit: Oh...I just surfed further...this was damn near a press release....so who cares who knows?)

Well put BTW Keith. I concur with your statements. But you know as well as I do...the swap VS. Purist in any form will always rage on.Kiss my A$$ rings to mind.lol.

Now.....to the point of the Mustang. Thats the only early domestic car I've dreamed up to have the AWD RB_installed into it secretely just to bring technology to it !

Add coil-overs, seats ,managment etc.....and you couldn't pull me outa' that ride. RB-Elleanor AWD !

Bring it !........Vinny lol.

I agree with the classic idea. It is a classic mustang, so it deserves a ford engine, mayb not the stock engine, but mayb a 5.0 or 4.6-the new ones. Kind of like, you can put a nissan engine in your 240Z, its still a nissan engine, but newer, more powerful technology. Its not so much of a purity thing, but more of a classical thing. When you buy a mustang, you want that V8 rumble. When you buy a skyline, you want that straight-6.

On another note, wasn't there sum1 on here who was gonna put a 2JZ into a 68 mustang?

it does sit well with me because it seems fundamentally wrong. "smaller" engine in a "bigger" car. but i love it because it's a great way for the import guys to give a big fat middle finger to die hard domestic enthusiast; very well proven on the svt forum. can't wait to see F&F3 either, those movies may be really corny and cheesy, but they never fail to entertain.

The person obviously just did this to make a statement or piss people off lol. It doesn't make sense to put in the RB unless he really does plan on going crazy powerful. But a 302 is lighter and has a lower cg (i believe on the cg part), also I think a big block or a 351 might have more street potential.

Well' date=' those poepl aren't going to like my new project. A '68 mustang with a 3-cylinder from a Geo. Darn. I guess I won't tell them about it. :lmao:

(BTW, the above is a joke. I AM going to tell them about it.) :mrgreen:[/quote']

Awsome combo! I can vouch for the 1.0L, get the one with the 2BBL it's so reliable! Drove it all round the country and to Alaska and back never stopped ticking along. Started to pump out 800+ppm of HC however, so I had to donate it. That and still getting 50+MPG! and could easily keep up at 65-70 on the freeway. Freekin california! My only question was why it needed an oxy sensor when it had a carb and no MAF? ...

There must be hundreds of thousands of those mustangs in the US! Who cares if someone puts an RB in ONE!

I agree 1000%, although I would like to be a "V8 boy" myself one day. I guess then I'll have to start picking on V12's or something... :wink:

The fact that it was built for F&F 3 does give it an air of jackassitude though. It just doesn't get any more moronic than that series of movies. I think I'd rather take a stapler to my taint than watch that shiza.

Wow, I just read through that crap and boy am i happy that we dont have so many pompus(sp?) morons on our fine online heaven for REAL AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIESTS(sp?). Sorry but that stuff just made me more proud of our site, and happy im nowhere else.

-Ben-

p.s. By the way i like the car.

Boy you'd think some of those guys designed the stang. I'm not tgonna run out and build one but WTF!? Are the guys over there gearheads or not? Don't they know how hot roddn' was started. I apperitiate any swap, that sh!t is not easy and it takes a ton of know how and skill to do right.

That would be sick if it was AWD. Oh, and think how cool it would be if they put an AWD/RB in a REAL muscle car, a Camaro :icon44:

Isk

Guest Dorifto

RB in a Mustang? Nice.

RB in a Corvette? Bitchin.

Remember this though - GM almost put a 4-rotor in the late C3/C4 Vette chassis. Shame the funding and interest in the project fell through. :mrgreen:

Wow, I just read through that crap and boy am i happy that we dont have so many pompus(sp?) morons on our fine online heaven for REAL AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIESTS(sp?).

Whatchu tizzle my nizzle, gotta be stizzle with the eizzle chizzle bizzle.

Just kidding, I think the engine choice is quite justified and my hat is off to the gentleman.