HybridZ

1971 Datsun 240z resto.project [vids/pics]

mull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

mull I'm curious, how did you guys get away with that tube bender without krinkling the tubes ? that bender looks just like a harbor freight bender.. yet everyone on the board has had serious issue trying to bend small tubing with it, especially dom 1.5in .12 wall

mull I'm curious, how did you guys get away with that tube bender without krinkling the tubes ? that bender looks just like a harbor freight bender.. yet everyone on the board has had serious issue trying to bend small tubing with it, especially dom 1.5in .12 wall

I dunno, he modified the bending bars in some way, think he ground em up or something... And yeah, it's pretty much the same bender : )

I'll ask him about the mods when I talk to him.

awesome thanks!! cause If we could get away with those benders that would save ALOT of money!!

I know JM just bought a $400 dollar bender cause his harbor freight one would just krinkle all his tubing :(

Personally I'd rather get me one of these: http://vansantent.com/model_3_bender.htm

I've been told a "dragging" bender is better than the "pushing" kind.

OMG I finally found them! I had seen all your videos up to I think 9 and lost the website where I found them all. I <3 your Z and will probably be making an insignificantly and tiny donation soon ;)

oh yeah color: silver off the Z-tune skylines IMO

Glad to hear you enjoy watching my perils... = )

If you want to contribute you could pick up one of the four designs currently

available as über comfortable t-shirts in my super-mega-hi-tech-web-shop:

http://mull.spreadshirt.com/

More designs are being added but need verification since they're in vector format :)

shirts_001.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest 78sparky

Hay what kind of welder are you using? gas, wirefeed, solid wire, .025, .030?

Also what gauge are you using for repair? 12ga for firewall and floor pans, 16 or 18 for everything else? I'm also at the no return point with my 78 280 2+2. Holes gut in the firewall and very front of the pans, back seats inner wheel well (battery tray). This is my first rehab project but i'm a welder/frabracator by trade with takehome access to a miller wire feeder .035 solid.

Your videos are very inspiring, it gives me a little hope:?. It's also educational.

Guest 78sparky

Also posts? My wife is sick of me rewatching the same ones the first five are super helpful. But I think we All need more.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmm... reading over the skyline chassis dimension thread, and reading over the lack of updates here... i think Hugo is getting a new set of legs, in addition to the rear stomper's he's got already.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING MULLEY'BWOY!?? =)