HybridZ

240Z widebody Sketch

Drftn280zxt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK there is just something that doesn't seem right. I don't like how the flare line runs into the fender well. Also I think the front air-dam needs less curve involved. I think that if you were to do these along with straightening the wheels it could look a lot better. Still good keep up the work.

Tyson

I like SBC 400 's drawing. I still mine a lot' date=' but nice work SBC 400. Definitely some IMSA influence there. The only problem I see with the drawing (being critical now, although you definitely have the talent) is that some components are scaled quite right. For instance the headlight buckets. They look huge. Nice style though, i was wondering what a diffuser on the front would look like on a 240Z, now I know :-D and I'm liking it.

[/quote']

well, the headligh bucket is correct, it is the wheel that is too small and throws off the forced perspective. but this is basicaly an under drawing, I need to do an overlay and make some edits and clean up the line work. it looks like I was drinking too much coffee, and the is noty enough line weight contrast. I need some new sharpies.

when I get back to my office, I might clean this one up so it is more understandable and knock out a back 3/4 to work out the rear flares better.

Im gonna be perfectly honest not trying to be an ***, but in my mind it looks like that blue car but very riced out. It just doesnt flow well with the 240z. Front end doesnt do it for me at all. I think you have good ideas but it doesnt flow everythign needs to be smoothed out with better trasitions.

I think I might play around with some sketches i think it looks like fun, ive been trying to figure out a new flare design for these cars. Something simple and elegant that flows better then the steel flares out there today like victoria british ones.

Another view of the third design.

I kinda messed up on the wheels' date=' they look to angled :oops::roll:[/quote']

i think it's awesome. it's now on my desktop as my wallpaper ^_^

the only thing that sorta bugs me is the random line "pinstripe" down the middle of the car. its awesome otherwise. :]

Dude, that kicks ***! Are those Skyline tail lights? It looks like there may be a very subtle side skirt on it in that drawing, which looks very good, aggresive side skirts tend to look a lot like running boards sometimes. I think a narrow BRE style spoiler on the backside would look really good though....

Mike

Guest turdbo

hey are you a member of wangan midnight fourms?...if not you got the design from a kid on their because iv seen the original drawing before you changed them...but very cool i like the end results

hey are you a member of wangan midnight fourms?...if not you got the design from a kid on their because iv seen the original drawing before you changed them...but very cool i like the end results

Who? Me or SBC_400? What original design? Could be coincidental, great minds tend to think alike.

Like always please comment. The intention with this drawing was the same as the 280zx' date=' four inches wider in the rear, two in the front (on each side). Plus the rear "flare" "bleeds" into the door to give a nice smooth transition (just like the 280zx sketches).

[img']http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/drftn280zxt/240Zwidebody.jpg[/img]

sorry it is just the one. I'll get right to the rear view ASAP though since I know you guys want it :wink:.

Ahh, looks like you forgot to check the copyrights on those hood vents and airdam! just kidding :-)

these are from last year's MSA. side skirts and rear dam/diffuser are the next on my list. I'm thinking of a widebody but I want to keep the ZG flares, plus I've got no time anyway...

Q45 headlites are an idea I've had too, but if it's gonna become popular, forget it:-) I already have another scheme setup for that!

the first one is the female mold, once painted, it's hard to see the ducts.

myv8z-newairdam-05-03-13-05.jpg

yeah, it rained like a biZtch at MSA, and then became all sunny!

msa-05Image-C0BC9CFDB53611D9.jpg

myv8z-05-04-23msa-68.jpg

myv8z-05-04-23msa-60.jpg

myv8z-05-04-23msa-69.jpg

this one's my fave :-)

sjgtcday212.jpg

All in all, I'm not satisfied with how the airdam came out, but oh well, maybe in 20 years when I might have some spare time...

Owen

oh yeah, turn sigs are molded into an frp bumper. the LEDs aren't bright enough tho. my orig. plan was to use some supra turn sigs but couldn't find them cheap.

didn't have time to color sand the air dam either, and the bumper is semi-mounted, barely hanging on the car! that's why it looks crooked.

owen

Thanks dude, I had originally planned thinner uprights like in your design, but thought I would need more rigidity. I assume you're talking about the main opening. Side ducts came out too small...damnit...

The lips on the leading edge of the hood vents are supposed to create a vortex and suck heat out. An idea I stole from Japanese GT cars. It's supposed to work great on V-mount ICs, which I am going to do.

But yes, I did it for looks mainly. I'm a ricer trying to be unique! :-)

Owen