HybridZ

It's almost time! Half Cut or Not?

Ed260Z

Well NJ screwed me out of $3,000 :fmad:, so now I'm forced to reassess my swap. I'm going to have to cut some corners, and do them as money allows. Things like my planned $1,200 fuel system are gone, for now.:cry2: And instead of buying a welder I'll have to rent one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the above. :fmad:

NJ DMV charges a Fine that they call Insurance Surcharges, if you have to many points on your license. And many moons ago I was flat broke, and couldn't make my payment. So they suspended my license, and of course I was pulled over. I couldn't afford a lawyer, and I apparently made to much for a public defender. I guess $200 a week was a lot of money in 98!

I was charged with driving on the revoke list. 39:3-40 (g). The g part means your screwed out of big bucks. ie $3K. The statute reads that upon payment of surcharges the fine will be waived by the court. So I didn't think anything of it, since to get my license back I would have to pay the surcharge anyway. But alas they read it as that I needed to pay the surcharge prior to going to court.

You say 98 was a long time ago right. Well I didn't find out about it until last month. So because I was late on $750 worth of surcharges I need to pay a $3,000 fine. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the state of NJ if your financially destitute, and fail to pay your surcharge (extortion) they fine you an additional $3,000 just to make sure you stay poor.

None of the above. :fmad:

NJ DMV charges a Fine that they call Insurance Surcharges' date=' if you have to many points on your license. And many moons ago I was flat broke, and couldn't make my payment. So they suspended my license, and of course I was pulled over. I couldn't afford a lawyer, and I apparently made to much for a public defender. I guess $200 a week was a lot of money in 98!

I was charged with driving on the revoke list. 39:3-40 (g). The g part means your screwed out of big bucks. ie $3K. The statute reads that upon payment of surcharges the fine will be waived by the court. So I didn't think anything of it, since to get my license back I would have to pay the surcharge anyway. But alas they read it as that I needed to pay the surcharge prior to going to court.

You say 98 was a long time ago right. Well I didn't find out about it until last month. So because I was late on $750 worth of surcharges I need to pay a $3,000 fine. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the state of NJ if your financially destitute, and fail to pay your surcharge (extortion) they fine you an additional $3,000 just to make sure you stay poor.[/quote']

You show them what's up with your RB26! Then add more points then they can count!`

• 1 month later...

Well I had to be practical about my transportation Situation. (It sucks having to be a responsible adult!:icon45: ) I could keep driving my Z and wait until I have enough money to do my swap. But the stock engine needs some help, ie $$$$, to keep running. And I just don't want to spend it on that motor.

So I leased myself a new car. It's an 06' M-B CLK350, so I'm not to broken up about it. But I would rather be driving my Z.:mrgreen: