HybridZ

Constantly getting looks, comments, honks.

BrandonsZ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get compliments all the time on my piece, and it has a big dent in the back by the muffler, as well as an entire Earl Scheib paintjob thats coming off :-D

I get the feeling that everyone owned a Z at some point in their lives. (judging by the comments I get)

• 2 weeks later...

I always get the My husband usta drive that car.. (once in a while i get) but yours sounds different.... and then i say nope its completely stock >;) and then i usually leave making a set of twin black snakes down the pavement.... wait till my Datsun Valve Covers come in.... and then people will be lIKE OMG WTF.... its a datsun v8....

My 80 year old next door neighbor loves my car. She told me about her friend who got one just when they first came out and they went downtown thinking they were hot stuff. She also thinks the neighborhood is too geriatric so she loves to hear me running my air compressor and working on it. I'm not kidding.

Guest bastaad525

seems I get at least one compliment every time I drive the car lately as well (not very often anymore, usually once every two weeks for a nice one hour drive around town).

Tonite I took the car out and had some guy in a huge diesel pickup truck try to race me... from two lights he takes off and I'm wondering what's the joke? :mrgreen: So finally from the third light he takes off, I go from a roll bog like hell and then blow past him like he's standing still. At the next light he gives me the thumbs up and yells something like "man that thing gets up and goes!".

But yeah... one big thing I'll miss if/when I finally sell this car is that just about every time I take it out for a ride someone has something nice to say about it. And mine isn't even a great example... crappy paint on a dinged up body, but people seem to love it.

Hey dont put those diesel trucks down, Ive seen full size king cab diesels run 13 flat at the track and embarass quite a few Mustang, Subie and other car owners thinking it was an easy win.

I still get comments on my car and I think it looks like hell, even though the paint still shines well and all and I do take care of her, to me she needs loads of work still.

Thing that gets me though is why do people always think its a Porsche?

I cant see the resemblence at all.

Hey dont put those diesel trucks down' date=' Ive seen full size king cab diesels run 13 flat at the track and embarass quite a few Mustang, Subie and other car owners thinking it was an easy win.

I still get comments on my car and I think it looks like hell, even though the paint still shines well and all and I do take care of her, to me she needs loads of work still.

Thing that gets me though is why do people always think its a Porsche?

I cant see the resemblence at all.[/quote']

It's the front lights, they look a lot like the round front lights of a Porshe. Also the long sloping hood looks like a 328 in dim lighting. And if you don't have a back bumper on the S30, it kinda looks like a 328 rear also.

Guest bastaad525

well I dont' know about THIS diesel but considering he got a good 20' jump on me before my turbo kicked in and then how quickly I blew past him... I highly doubt he was running 13's :mrgreen:

I have to admit to curiosity though... did he actually think his truck is fast or was it actually 'fast' by 'normal people' standards? I mean... he musta thought it quick to bother trying me like that or he just wanted to see me go?

I have to admit to curiosity though... did he actually think his truck is fast or was it actually 'fast' by 'normal people' standards? I mean... he musta thought it quick to bother trying me like that or he just wanted to see me go?

I get people trying to pass me/race me in totally slow cars all the time (so naturally I have to hand out a lot of whoopings). I don't know why, but I think some people must think Z's are slow cars or maybe they have insecurity issues/jealousy so they try to make themselves feel better by "beating" the Z.

I was talking to one of my friends about the same thing. He said, "Well, my truck is slow as crap and I'll rev at other poeple just to see if they've got something." That and the fact that people in completely stock work trucks will goose it a little when I get next to them makes me think that's what a lot of people do.

Guest bastaad525
I was talking to one of my friends about the same thing. He said, "Well, my truck is slow as crap and I'll rev at other poeple just to see if they've got something." That and the fact that people in completely stock work[/b'] trucks will goose it a little when I get next to them makes me think that's what a lot of people do.

yeah I'd be more likely to believe that... he probably just wanted to see if it had anything in it.

But then... I do know for a fact that some people drive vehicles that aren't really quick but seem to think they're actually pretty fast. Like the boneheads who think just becuase their 110 horsepower cars' speedometer reads up to 150mph, that that means that's actually how fast it will go :rolleyesg

Guest bastaad525
I did 110+ on the 405 tonight... I dont want to know what 150 is like..... all i know is its FAST

Hit 135 in my SRT-4 on a 3am run down a very empty freeway... It's a hell of a lot different than doing 100+ in my Z... The SRT was very solid and stable and didn't feel like it was going nearly as fast as it was. Top speed on a stock SRT is supposedly good up to just over 150... definatley still had some left to go at 135.

Fastest I've been in the Z after the motor swap was 115 and yeah it's scary... it actually felt stable maybe from the front air damn and the stiff lowered suspension... but it was so LOUD and some vibration had me pretty nervous.

Guest 73Turbo240z

so often people mistake "stable" for "dampened" when it comes to top speed...

then again, my Z scares the **** outta me at speed... once again, difference between a modern car with sound/vibration deadening, then theres the Z, with nothing but sheetmetal... lol

Guest bastaad525
so often people mistake "stable" for "dampened" when it comes to top speed...

then again' date=' my Z scares the **** outta me at speed... once again, difference between a modern car with sound/vibration deadening, then theres the Z, with nothing but sheetmetal... lol[/quote']

whatever the technical term is I know 100+ is a hell of a lot scarier in the Z than the SRT! Though with the Z being lower, lighter, and more stiffly sprung, I bet money it's actually safer to do such speeds in!