HybridZ

what kind of car is this?

olie05

I have seen two of these and I have not been able to figure out what kind of car it is... Its turbocharged with an intercooler mounted in the trunk... (from what i remember)

http://cfd32.cfdynamics.com/clubregistration/products/images/vinyl/full_size/PICT0022.jpg

http://cfd32.cfdynamics.com/clubregistration/products/images/vinyl/full_size/IMG_1690.jpg

Yes it is a Noble. I was able to sit in one at the Monterey Historic Races last year. My impression was that the visibility isn't too great and the seat was in a bizarre position with a frame-member running laterally across the floor in front of the seats (this is my recollection). This was an earlier model I suppose, due to the large single head lamps. All others I have seen since then have slightly different body flaring, etc, and HID or projector headlamps. I'm sure they have made some changes since then (at least I hope).

Davy

I managed to blag a test drive in one whilst waiting for an exhaust to be fitted to my Elise at the dealers. It really is just like an Elise that's had a massive hit of steroids. 3l twin turbo Ford Duratec V6 engine with blow off valves going off just behind your head is fun though! Acceleration is also very much in the fun zone. Turbo boost was huge and although on paper it's slightly slower than the TVR I had before it felt much faster because of the boost.

Was a same the drives door lock broke and I had to get into position by climbing over from the other side, I guess I was more supple back then ;)

If I had the money I'd definitely have one for a track toy, practically zero storage space makes for not much use as a daily driver but of course some folks over here do use them like that.

Cheers,

Rob

Yes, it's a kit car designed by Lee Noble in England via South Africa called a Noble M400. You can pick one up from 1g Racing http://www.1gracing.com/ in Ohio.

The February 2006 Road & Track magazine has write-up on it where the say "The M400 isn't simply fast. It's sick fast." "Nimble and light...." "This was proven by the 1.01g it pulled on the skidpad and 72.4 mph through the slalom, both records for R&T."

It's kinda interesting because as have priced a new 2007 Z06, the reality has set in that at "$65900" you quickly get into the $78-80K with taxes, tags, dealer prep. What else can you get for about $80K? Well, as luck would have it, the Noble, the Ultimate GTR, a few Porsche models, the Viper, and a very few others in the price range. But $80,000 for something I'd want to drive hard and regularly... :shock:

I may end up keeping the old C5 and just giving her a thorough freshening of the interior and paint, new heads and cam, and calling it a day! :2thumbs: That's a $10K investment in something that's almost paid for. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

I may end up keeping the old C5 and just giving her a thorough freshening of the interior and paint, new heads and cam, and calling it a day! :2thumbs: That's a $10K investment in something that's almost paid for. :2thumbs:

When I read the first paragraph I was going to suggest a used Z06 with some mods. Then I read the 2nd paragraph. Used plain jane C5 with mods is even better... :cheers:

Super car? Check out Factory Five Racing's GTM.

From the FFR website:

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/concept.html

The idea for the GTM is simple. Design a modern supercar and price it where an ordinary guy can afford. The only catch is that you have to provide your own running gear (GM based) and you have to build it yourself.

After more than three years of engineering and development work, we are ready to introduce the world to our vision of what an American-designed Supercar should be. The GTM is an American V-8 powered, mid-engined car with a composite body shell and an aluminum and steel tube frame chassis. The car uses GM Performance engine and suspension parts with four-corner coil-over shocks, huge brakes and a Porsche 911 Transaxle.

In the Factory Five tradition, the car is first and foremost a high performance car. The GTM is light and aerodynamic, with excellent weight distribution and precise race-car handling/braking derived from the Chevrolet Corvette C-5.

GTMB1Spoilerjpg.jpg

Yes, it's a kit car designed by Lee Noble in England via South Africa called a Noble M400. You can pick one up from 1g Racing [url=http://www.1gracing.com/]http://www.1gracing.com/[/url'] in Ohio.

The guy who owns(?) 1gracing brought a noble to one of our autocrosses. He looked like he was on a sunday drive on the course (very tight btw), and turned in very fast time. Very impressive car. Also a very cool guy :)

It'll be interesting to see what the F5 GTM finally comes in at. Nice car indeed.

Mike

Yeah, I've been wanting to know its final release date too, it seems like that part of FactoryFive's webpage hasn't changed much for a long time. They claim it'll run close to 20k with standard equipment, not bad IMO. If they were actually available I'd definitely save some money and get some loans for that thing. I like the lines, not the red color though, the primer black one is my style :P

Tyson