HybridZ

Carbon fiber airdam with pics.

fazzt73

Those look pretty good. Will you also be making a hood. I know there are already people making the cf hoods. But, the more vendors the better the price. How about giving a cf dash a shot. I would love to purchase one from you if you decide to make one.

Ok the line for the cf dash starts with me and does around the hybrid forum icon10.gif, twice.

Keep it up man.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel said:

I have one of his CF air dams. I think mine is beautiful! He sells them on Ebay, which is how I found mine.:end:

I give anybody an A+ for getting anything finished, particularly "on time",unlike myself.

But am I the only one seeing the complete uneven weave of the CF ?I welcome him to our Z car environment, but he'll need to spend more time on laying up the weave correctly before he can claim what he does in his Ebay auctions. Something to the tune of " best quality" or something like this.

I don't mean to come across harsh, just real.I spent a great deal of time and money getting my weaves to come out straight and in line up correctly into my molds before touting a comment like that .

If I catch flack from pointing this out, then it tells me several things about our audience and their "eye for details".

Oh well, get em' while its hot !

..............Vinny 8)

I think some of us would also like a CF rear mountable hatch made as well. The only current available one is WAY too expensive IMHO. I would take one. I would also be interested in a modified rear hatch with a smaller window, like half the length of stock similair but not a duplicate of Terry the Ox;s rear hatch....

Terry

Paulo,

Are you starting with the same airdam that MSA sells or are you building your own complete airdam?

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1401&Category_Code=7AD1

You stated that "its made of CF and backed with FG cloth". Isn't it really the other way around...Made of Fiberglass and topped with a layer of CF?

I'd love to see pricing on a BRE rear spoiler. Do you have any intention of making up some BRE front spooks?

Yes im looking for one to retrofit right now so it will

fit nice..

here the list of stuff coming up:

airdam (available)

big ducktail (green one in the pic)

BRE ducktail (in the pics)

tail light panel.

center console.

rear hatch

flares

oem fenders.

and more interior parts.

Paulo.

Paulo' date='

Are you starting with the same airdam that MSA sells or are you building your own complete airdam?

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=50-1401&Category_Code=7AD1

You stated that "its made of CF and backed with FG cloth". Isn't it really the other way around...Made of Fiberglass and topped with a layer of CF?

NO. mine started with a old version of the same airdam origins unknow..

its a bit different then MSA one, then it got cleaned up and reshaped to what it is right now.

the parts is made in laminates the first one to go into the mold is the

CF then a second layer of fiberglass, then you pop it out.

i have overlayed a lot of parts and its very time consuming and very hard.

Paulo.

This is a very interesting thread' date=' fazzt73 would you be able to make the competition hood scoop. Here is a picture here http://zhome.com/History/ComHood.htm

I have my been searching the salvage yards here in GA, and other car buddies searching across the country with no luck.

Thanks

I could, the easiest way of course is to get one and duplicate it.

to start from scratch we would need commited buyers to make it

worth the while.

PM me for more details, Paulo.

^^ What DaleMX said. I've got a 280, and my current airdam is cracked to hell and back. I'd love a good fitting, affordable airdam, BRE ducktail, etc... Hmm... do you do a rear skirt? Howza bout side skirts?

From what I've read getting the MSA stuff to fit properly is a pain, and I'd like something that I don't want to throw through a window after trying to fit it for 4+ hours...

• 2 weeks later...