HybridZ

Might have a 327...

I might have a 327 soon, A friend of my dad has one, he says it's bored 30 over.. or 60 over, I don't quite remember, but it's from 1969, so I think it's one of the older 327's rated at 350hp-- I think he said the CR was 8.?:1 something, so in order to raise compression couldn't I just have the heads shaved? He hasn't given me a price yet, wants me to come out and see it first.

Guest mofaster

decking the heads more than .010 to.015 will throw the intake and valvetrain geometry all out of whack. Just find a good set of dome top pistons to raise the compression instead. Probe makes a good forged set, and you can't miss with Speed Pro.

Is it a solid lifter 327?

I don't think the engine is stock, don't know much about it -- only spoke with the guy for a minute.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS%2DK314%2D500%2D450&N=115&autoview=sku

Looks fun.

I'll get some more information tomorrow, anything I should ask?

Solid lifters?

He mentioned something about a different set of heads... don't recall what though.

Nothing but plain jane 327 in '69. Used in cars up through January of 69 when it was replaced with the 307. Same with trucks. All two barrel motors and were big journal 68 and later. Doesn't really matter if you are going to build it. Just don't expect a really good set of heads if they are the originals. If motor is a 68 they still had a 350hp motor available in the Corvette, and a 275 hp Camaro 327.

Well, I'll make a pitch for a motor i have for sale. 350 bored .030", 2 bolt main, 010 High nickel content block, Speed-pro hyperuetetic .125" dome top pistons about 10:1 CR on 74cc heads. Reground crank, new Elgin Pro camshaft 224 duration at .50, new valves, new springs, ground valve seats, Pro-Street torquer manifold, new oil pump, freshly rebuilt from the ground up. New water pump, holley fuel pump, harmonic balancer, new chrome valve covers, new chrome oil pan, ARP bolts throughout. It is Iron-headed headed however, and there is a single bolt broken off were the transmission bolts up. Should be a simple removal. It has been sitting for about 6months, i do twist it over reqularly. All i'm asking is 1700 + shipping, its just what I have in parts alone not including any machine work, I'll include the engine stand as well. PM and let me know price is negotiable.

Tyson

Guest zedoktor
it's a 327 from a 1969 Chevy Biscayne bored 30 over, needs pushrods and lifters, has the original heads. Comes with a powerglide(2 speed) transmission. Has a weened alum intake -- what ever than means, all for $1200

it's a weiand manifold, that's a brand.

As soon as my Z gets back from the body shop and I get a proper tune on the just rebuilt (I should say rebuilt and blueprinted by anal-retentive ME) 327 will be up for sale. Don't mean to hijack, just letting people know there will be a balanced and blueprinted ~350ish hp solid flat tappet cam, double hump head 327 (9.7:1) for sale soon on the East Coast. No, I won't ship it.

As soon as I read 327 from 1969 , I thought to myself... ???? :icon52:

Then I saw the words Biscayne and Powerglide... "utilomotor", or "smallblockus commonus" :rolleyesg

As other have said here, that is like finding a Chevy Citation (woo hoo!) :rolleyesg

The HP 327's are getting extremely hard to find, and if you do, very pricey...