HybridZ

Opinions please on a new hood

violacleff

Hey guys I was wondering how you guys think my car would look with the JohnC 4" cowl hood on my car. The L88 one I have now looks like crap and I figure a blemished cf/fiberglass hood may actually be an improvement even if I don't repaint it. What say you? Please hold the comments about the wheels. I didn't put those on, and can't afford new ones.

9754zara_side_copy1.jpg

Since you're close I'd talk to John about seeing it placed on a car and then sitting in it. I think 4" is extremely high, and I wouldn't do it unless you really needed that space to fit your engine.

Now about those wheels...what about some nice spinners.

:lmao:

Bart, spinners are definitely on the list, but not before I get some lambo doors installed. Looks like I'll save up and go OEM fiberglass/CF...Oh man more money to spend at Vildini! Actually Alex, I've been kinda jockin the wheels that were on the old L28 Z you guys used to have. I'm going to see if I can track down whoever stole it and see if he'll give 'em to me cheap! LOL

No but really, I think I will go with those Rota wheels in 17" or the Hyermax primax ones that MSA have. BTW, you guys would honestly be amazed how many people compliment me on those rims. Hardcore Z and car guys don't like 'em but chicks and youngsters think they're cool. Maybe I'll just do a full Zbling them. Hmmm

Having a black hood on an otherwise unblack car was something that probably started on Z's, with the Japanese 432 Z's. I think that on any other car, a black hood looks pretty ricey, but on the Z it just looks plain bad a$$.

Why not fix up the L88 hood enough to take a mold off of it, and then make one from CF using the mold? :)

Mike

i believe having a black hood started with rally racing as a way to reduce glare...

Yes. Please don't ascribe black hoods to ricers. Black hoods were used on rally cars long before most ricers were born.

Now raw cf...

Buy cf and paint it flat black. Let them think you cheaped out untill you lift the hood and let them see the raw cf on the bottom side.

I also think a 4" cowl is a little severe unless you absolutely need the clearance. I prefer the SubtleZ or the SS hood.

I like my hood just fine. I would say it allows as much if not more air through its 82 louvers as a 4" cowl. Here is a pic:

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=5854&cat=618

I just got a junkyard hood and stripped the paint. Then I took it to a hot rod guy to punch the louvers. He charged $1/louver.

Hood at the local pick and pull $20

82 louvers $82

Custom equipment Priceless