HybridZ

Idea for front bumper...

utvolman99

I think I have a pretty good plan for the front bumper on my 73 240. I really like the way the Zs look with an agressive air dam and no bumper. The only issue is the indentions for the bumper make the car look like there is something missing. Here are some photoshop pictures of what I am planning on doing...

Before

re1.jpg

After

re1a.jpg

Before

3_big.jpg

After

3_biga.jpg

Before

2_big.jpg

After

2_biga.jpg

I am not sure if the existing brackets will work without some support but that should be easy enough if needed. I have a scrap 240 bumper that is bent in the middle. I think Ill cut that one up and see if I like the look. I am planning gun metal grey with black front bumpers and no rear bumper

Looks like there are quite a few of us with the same idea! My setup appears to be identical to DavD3's and bolts directly to the headlight bucket. I used a large washer on the rear to help capture the spoiler, too. Bumper no longer uses the bumper brackets and affords ZERO protection.

BTW DavD3... Beautiful car!

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I like the idea and have always thought of doing it too. However, IMHO, I think it would look better if they projected into the grill area about 6" or so. This way, you might be able to use the front brackets as well and it breaks up the large opening just a little. Lemme try some photoshop. BRB

Yeah that's the sh!t right there!! Sorry I trashed your grill tho...

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread.. I'm glad a lot of others have done this too.. my Z will end up looking very similar to DavD3's except I actually am going to let the "stubs" continue into the grille area, but I'm leaving the uprights on the bumper to close it off there..

I got them cut already, just need to paint them to match my gunmetal Rota RB-R's

will post pics to this thread when I get it done this weekend! Next will be sealing off the headlight buckets, and adding grille-mounted headlights!