HybridZ

Anyone running Weld Draglite wheels

Guest zfan

If I'm recalling correctly, I can fit one finger between the tire and the spring perch with my combination. It's pretty close. I'll double-check tonight when I get home.

With coilovers, you could go with more backspacing. I have doubts about it with stock spring perches being where they are... Then again, I'm also thinking about the section width of the tires I'm used to seeing.

Here's how close it was to the 280 perch with the 255/60-15's (top right corner):

passenger_z31cv.jpg

It's similar with my 26x10's, just a little shorter.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.5 inch backspacing wont work unless your running coilovers. im running 15x10 draglites on the rear with 5.5 inch BS ( or shouldt i say was) and have barely a finger between the strut and tire. if i has stock suspension they wouldnt fit. Im pretty sure 4.5 or maybe 5 inch BS is the most you can go with the stock rear struts.

• 3 months later...

Here is a pic of a 15x8in 4.5bs draglite with ground controls on my 240z...I have a 1/4in gap with the coil over adjustment lowered..p.s. 8.5 ET Drag...clears all around..If you have stock coils you will have to use .25 spacer..This is also fitting over the MM 240sx rear brakes..more pics in gallery http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=11306&cat=713

Thanks for the complement:)

My front wheels are 15x6 with 3.5" backspacing. The tires are 26x7.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Fronts.

He does, however, have 15x4 wheels on one of his cars with the same size M/T Sportsman fronts. I think the backspacing on those is 2.5", but I'll have to check with him to verify.

Do/did you have any clearence issues with the 15x6 with the 3.5" of BS?

I was planning on the 15x6 rims with 3.5" of backspacing using 205/65/15 tires, but I was worried the rims would have too much backspacing and would hit the front struts.

Oh yeah, what lugs did you use with you rims? Size, length, etc.? I ask because I'll order them with the rims next week.

I am looking at possible purchasing a set of Weld Draglite wheels or Konig rewinds for my 240Z. I currently am running Konig Monsoons with the adapters.

I drag race the car and have to constantly swap wheels and adapters out and am sick of it. I have slicks for serious racing but have purchased a set of 235/60-15 Mickey Thompson drag radials for all around use.

The Welds and Rewinds have zero offset so I could run my drag radials and be done with it once and for all. No more swapping all the time.

Do the 15" rims clear the brake upgrades as I have installed the 300Zx/toyota vented brakes up front and the 240 SX brakes with 300zx rotors out back.

Anyone looking for some Konig Monsoons 2- 17x7's and 2 16x7's with adapters?

Mike

Mike, we are running 15x3.5 0n the front with the Toyota break up grade and 15x7 with a 4.5 rear spacing with a 275/60/15 MT drag radial. I did have to take alittle off the rear strut tower 1/4 of a inch (grinder) you can see pictures of the tires mounted on the car at our website jnjdragracing.com Jerry

Mike, we are running 15x3.5 0n the front with the Toyota break up grade and 15x7 with a 4.5 rear spacing with a 275/60/15 MT drag radial. I did have to take alittle off the rear strut tower 1/4 of a inch (grinder) you can see pictures of the tires mounted on the car at our website jnjdragracing.com Jerry

275s on a 7" rim?

Do/did you have any clearence issues with the 15x6 with the 3.5" of BS?

I was planning on the 15x6 rims with 3.5" of backspacing using 205/65/15 tires, but I was worried the rims would have too much backspacing and would hit the front struts.

Oh yeah, what lugs did you use with you rims? Size, length, etc.? I ask because I'll order them with the rims next week.

I have no clearance issues with the the struts at all. The only issue I've ever had was when I was using a 215/65-15 up front. When I was going in reverse to one side or the other, the passenger side tire would scrape the edge of my kaminari spoiler. That's the only issue I've ever had with the fronts. I remember MikeKz having a similar problem on the same side of his car.

When I switched to 205/60-15's, that was no longer a problem. It's not a problem with my Sportsman Fronts either.

Edit: Forgot to answer your other question.

The lug nuts are for mag wheels: 12x1.25 pitch and I think 3/4" shank... I will verify tonight and post back.

Just incase anyone finds this thread doing a search, I have the arizona zcar front and rear Willwood brake kits. The fronts required a 1" spacer for the 15x4 draglite rim to clear the caliper. I am running ZG flares, and the 1" spacer lines up the fronts well, but I don't know how it would fit with an unflared car. The rear would require a 1" spacer as well to run a draglite in order to clear the brake caliper. I did not feel comfortable putting a 1" spacer on the rear, so for now, my 16" HRE's are doing the job on the rear of the car.

5.5 inch backspacing wont work unless your running coilovers. im running 15x10 draglites on the rear with 5.5 inch BS ( or shouldt i say was) and have barely a finger between the strut and tire. if i has stock suspension they wouldnt fit. Im pretty sure 4.5 or maybe 5 inch BS is the most you can go with the stock rear struts.

I was tryin to fit my 15x9/5inch BS, on my 280z.. but they were no were close to fitting. This is with stock suspension, will a coilover setup fix this?

looking at my car, I think a 5 in back space will hit even with coil overs...If it does not, I think you could poss run a 9in tire...You might have to roll the lip..look at my pics of the 240 it has a 8.5 slick and does not rub on the outside with a half in spacer in place...on the inside it's close w 4.5 backspace and no spacers..I think 5in would be too much...just my .02 cents...it will be close no matter which way it goes...

Edit: Forgot to answer your other question.

The lug nuts are for mag wheels: 12x1.25 pitch and I think 3/4" shank... I will verify tonight and post back.

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Trying to get the new engine swapped into the car:mrgreen: The lug nuts to use for these wheels are 1.38" shank. That seems long, but it's correct. The 3/4" shank length was for wheels on another car.

• 5 months later...
Thanks for the complement:)

My rear wheels are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing. My current tires are 26x10 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pros.

My front wheels are 15x6 with 3.5" backspacing. The tires are 26x7.5 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Fronts.

Digging up an old post.....

Are you running tubes in either front or rear?

I am seriously considering these because I love the thread design and the fact that they are radials......

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MTT%2D6653&N=700+400206+311492+115&autoview=sku