HybridZ

Track Times 11's with street tires!!!

Thumper

Just got back from the track. Last time I ran a 12.508 @ 117.26 Only thing I changed since the last time was I upped the boost by 1psi. Tonight it was 19psi creeping to 21psi. It only creeps between 5400rpms and 6000rpms. My fourth run of the night was my fastest with a:

r/t .542

60' 1.927

330 5.202

1/8 7.821

mph 95.25

1000 10.077

1/4 11.959

mph 119.98

My first 11 second pass ever.:cry2: I almost cried. My car weighed 2620 with me in it. Temp was 73 degrees with 85% humidity. Later on I ran 12.044 @ 120.21 that being my highes mph. My quickest 60ft was my only 11 for the night. I did run a 12.025 @ 119.36 with a 1.939 60ft.

In total I ran 18 times. And the car never even hickuped. 7 of them I got 1.9's 60fts then about 6 in 2.0's and the rest really bad. When the air got alittle cooler and my car cooled off I started to make more power and spin instead of hooking. So my 60's got unconsistent. I just can't wait to see what this baby will do with some drag radials and a cam for better top-end.:flamedevi

Thanks Mike me too. Just alittle more money and i'll be in mid to low 11's. My guess head, cam, drag radials, and cv's.

Yes that is on stock internals. Only thing I've done to the engine is installed a stolen (on3go's) 1mm metal head gasket. On street driveability is alittle worse than the stock t3. But 12psi comes on by 3100rpms. 18psi by 3300. So nothing too bad. Plus my wastegate hole is slightly to big and alittle bit is seeping past the puck so that doesn't help anything maybe 100rpms difference. I like it though. You can NEVER blow this up. They can take 40psi on a 5.9l inline 6 and still survive. At 18psi i'm just beginning to get into the efficiency of this thing. I would recommend it too anyone.

Guest 73Turbo240z

your car got mentioned on the other forum... though it's been tagged as a 280z... if it gets too detailed i'm going to delete posts.

I just can't wait to see what this baby will do with some drag radials and a cam for better top-end.

You better start getting a stockpile of half shafts, your gonna need them. If your clutch holds and the tires grab you will break them. my best 60foot with the clutch was a 1.7 and that was spinning the hell out of my drag radials. when i started tuning the tire pressure is when al my problems started.

NICE! Awesome runs. Getting hooked with some DR's dropped my 60 from 1.9s to 1.7's and just about .4 in the quarter so it sounds like you'll be in the mid 11's pretty easily. Very nice. So, wanna rub in what an 11 feels like to someone that can only pull a 12.004??? lol. Congrats.

Thanks guys. Yes I will be at SEZ. Look for the ugle red/primer car(blame it on z-gad:mrgreen: ). Yeah after 18 runs my clutch started to slip alittle shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, but it still held my starts. Other than that the car held up well. I wanted to really push the car so that if it broke it would do it here instead 800miles away at SEZ.

I wish I could lose 20-30lb-tq in first gear and then have full power for the rest of the track:( That would make my 60's alot more easier. I think I can get a 1.8 if I launch perfectly. I also have another 2psi I can go. But as you can tell by my numbers power isn't the problem. Maybe I can borrow someones DR's at SEZ and see if I can break something or get into the mid 11's:mrgreen: Umm maybe not breaking is bad.

Guest 73Turbo240z

your times are known now, apparently the score board lit up the 11 run for a second....

p.s. i'm out working on this BMW's top, bring my **** over. :mrgreen:

Very Impressive! My short term goal is to reach 11 sec. What did you ditch to get your 260 that light?

Stock bumpers, horns, a/c, heater, blower, and air ducts. I still have the factory sound deadening, full interior, radio, speakers, 2nd gen leather rx-7 seats, factory battery, and really big sway bars. My z was an early 260z so it was closer to the 240z except different tail lights. Oh I also have a fuel cell but that only saved 5-10lbs at max. I thought about stripping it just for fun but I like to know what the car runs as is. I think I could get another 100lbs if I removed all above.

How are you liking the MS? I think I will be going this route in the future.. I have the 440 CCinjectors and MSD. I will have a similar set up to yours other then the turbo.. still will have the stocker for now.. Wonder how the holset turbo would do with a external wastegate so it wouldnt creep?

Guest 73Turbo240z
How are you liking the MS? I think I will be going this route in the future.. I have the 440 CCinjectors and MSD. I will have a similar set up to yours other then the turbo.. still will have the stocker for now.. Wonder how the holset turbo would do with a external wastegate so it wouldnt creep?

they have holsets that are setup for external... it's the HY35... the HY35w that we run is mearly an internally gated model of the non-gated HY35...

it would work just fine if not better w/ an external gate.