HybridZ

Cometic Headgasket, any opinions?

Rumnhammer

Hi all, I'm putting together a list of stuff for my friend for his RB25DET to add while it is out and before I put it in the car. I'm looking to upgrade the Headgasket and saw the one from Cometic (sp) and wondered if it was any good. Anybody use one?

Chris Rummel

Hi all' date=' I'm putting together a list of stuff for my friend for his RB25DET to add while it is out and before I put it in the car. I'm looking to upgrade the Headgasket and saw the one from Cometic (sp) and wondered if it was any good. Anybody use one?

Chris Rummel[/quote']

Yes. Good. I use Cometic gaskets in most of my engines where they have an application. But then, peolpe who are more worried about being able to claim they have an HKS, Trust, Apexi gasket on their car domain page than actual performance aren't allowed around here... Seriously.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That link is dead. Anyone else have a source for this head gasket?

Nevermind, link is not dead, just not current.

http://www.raceeng.com is the main site.

And here is the actual link as of today:

http://www.raceeng.com/pc-1309-61-mls-gasketrb26-88mm051.aspx

What about a full gasket set?

I'm aware that MotoRex has them, but their online store is down and I can't find their prices,(I seem to remember them being really expensive).

-Bob

Really? Didn't know that. Does that mean there is no avenue for anyone who wants to import a Skyline or can they piggyback on their previous work?

Last time I talked to Sean Morris at RBMotoring (it's been a while), he said importing Skylines is done. With the cost of the bond, there's just not enough money to be made. People are also worried about 2007 when/if the R35 hits the street. If you can get it for 70K from Nissan with 450-500hp, who's going to sport $65k for a 280hp R34?

I know A guy here in Japan that was so pissed at Motorex for what they did to a couple of his GT-R's, he almost spent 250K for the bond and was going to hire some people (me) to to do the mods, just to put Motorex out of the import business until I talked him out of it. Hiro, of Motorex fame, was well known here in Japan as a scam artist. He got into some serious financial trouble and bolted for the States owing serious money. Funny how history repeats itself. Guess he found out the hard way that Americans don't just give up and turn the other cheek out of embarassment when you screw them. This also isn't the first time this has happened with shops that can't cut it here. I don't normaly say things about other people/shops, but now that the cat's completely out of the bag... I feel really bad for the people that paid their money and never got their GT-R's converted.