HybridZ

Z GODS, it's enough rain.....

COZY Z COLE

100_0890.jpg

100_0891.jpg

Okay...Okay.... On my 72 240Z, I've stripped the interior, pulled the old dash and put the guages /harness in the new dash, pulled the engine /tranny, and pulled the exterior parts off. I need to clean up the engine compartment and do the pre- prep for paint. So Z gods, after 25 days of rain since MAR.1, please STOP the rain..... :hail: :hail: :hail:

It's raining right now......

LARRY

I KNOW!!! New record everyone. This is the most days of rain we've ever had in march (SF bay area). I like to drive in the rain and all but this is just getting sick.

From what I can tell it's been a heavy drizzle since yesterday afternoon with intermiting pourings. This is just discusting march weather. I feel ya man, I could use some sunshine.

Larry' date='

If it does stop raining, what are your plans for the 72? Did I miss the posting of your new project?

Hanns[/quote']

383TT......:banghead:..... Still deciding what would tweek my interest. After reading the threads in Nissan 4 Cyl. Forum, maybe a 4 banger.....:trippen:

Forecast for the next 7 days ....5 rain - 2 maybe...Damn!!!

LARRY

And they say that the NW gets lots of rain - I've seen more rain here in San Jose in the last month than the whole entire last YEAR in Portland.

It really can stop raining now. Would be nice to be dry, even for just a couple of days!!! :cuss:

And they say that the NW gets lots of rain - I've seen more rain here in San Jose in the last month than the whole entire last YEAR in Portland.

It really can stop raining now. Would be nice to be dry' date=' even for just a couple of days!!! :cuss:[/quote']

You bet! I keep saying to myself, "Make it stop! Make it stop!"

Al, you back in Campbell for good?

Davy

Nah, Anna's going to be going to Foothill to take the RT program, so I'm down until she's done. Gonna take a while, but in the meantime our house builds equity :wink: Staying at my mother in law's until it's done.

Since it's just my income until she's done, no car projects :cry2:

But when she's done :icon14:

my car project is 12 miles from my house, so every time there's a 2 hour window of sun i drive over there and work on it until it starts coming down again. what a pita. to make things worse, my dad gave me 3 weeks to start and finish the swap, or get it out of his driveway :-(

Although it rained earlier, the sun is out now and no rain Thurs., but rain Fri. thru Tue. of next week. Just to give you an idea of this, the Yosemite National Park has accumulated 5 to 8 feet of snow over 8000 feet in the last 3 days on top of a 150% avg. of snow pack ...... Damn....

LARRY

All these articles are coming out (probably based on the same data) which predicts an (up to) 30 foot rise in the ocean level over the next 100 years from polar ice and greenland ice melt. If they would only quote all the data, it would suggest that rain reversal like we saw last year will become more frequent (where the northeast gets nothing and the southwest gets soaked).

More "out there" studies:

If the north pole did completely melt it's core and lose it's ice cap, (even close to it) the ocean water currents would change dramatically and northern europe and central canqada would on average decrease -20F (-7F would be a mini ice age and devistate agriculture), because of the cold air currents pushing south, the norhteast storms would hit further south and a generally cooler northern wind would dominate the midwest. This is where the confusion of colder winters in the midwest actually contradict global warming. On the pacific side, Washington, BC, and Oregon would become more arid, and the southwest would get more rain on average (northern storms).

Although this would not spell a doomsday forcast in the U.S. it would severly criple eastern europe and canada with much cooler temperatures eventually leading to years where spring will not come, snowpacks will build, and over thousands of years snowpacks will be so deep new glaisiers will form and push both north and south starting the next true ice age and won't reverse again until the north pole is coverd once again by glaciers growing from eastern europe and Canada northward.

Global warming according to my research (which is admitedly sparce) is not caused by humans and is a natural cycle of warming and cooling over tens of thousands of years. Although we may help it can't be more than 1/4-1 degree F per 100 years maximum.

In other words, expect more rain on average in California.

Hey, all I know right now is....its sunny out and no predictions for rain thru Sunday! Yeehay! Let see, do I drive my Z, ride my CRF450R, ride my Ventana X5, or ride the couch!!? Anyone but the last will do!

The rain is supposed to start again today and run all week with Wednesday and Thursday being the heaviest. River levels expected to rise to flood stage or above in several places in the delta and southern Central Valley locations.

I have never seen the levees so saturated since we moved here. Granted, that was after the '97 floods. I'm betting we are going to see several more levee breaks before the end of this week.

Sure glad now we didn't buy that house on Brannon Island, elevation -8'.

Peace of mind comes at +22'