• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ON3GO

hehe told ya gun metal sides!!!

look into BMW dark silvers AKA gun metal, also ferrari, porsche, lotus, benz, and MINI has lots of nice NICE colors that are right around the gun metal color range.

better to find a OEM color so you can match it anytime if need be.

best of luck and post pics when your done.

and DEFF glass the fenders in, make it as smooth as you could.

and the diffuser needs to be black if the sides are gun metal and same as the tail light panel.

mike

I chose grey over silver.

Metallic grey for the sides, black on top.

Problem with a black top is the sun beats down on it... it would be nice to do black on the sides and grey on the top, but I see why you want to do what you're thinking... and that doesn't fit.

Guest ON3GO

there ya go.. carbon fiber looks real subtle with gun metal paint.

so it would look very uniform and GREAT!

maybe powdercoat the defuser a tad lighter color then everything else to bring it out more, sorta like how shadowing is done in comic books and etc.

and or paint it with a more metallic color.

im full of ideas... or how my mom says it "your full of SH!T"

hhhahaha

mike

I like the red and white, pays tribute to the BRE cars, and honestly in my opinion the HRE wheels should stay the way they are, the lip is beautiful and the black powdercoat would just hide how stunning those wheels are. But besides the red and white, a black top with charcoal sides and a few carbon fiber accents would look clean.

Guest iskone

The black and gun metal would be soooo sweet, a nice little red stripe or even orange to add some contrast. MONEY!!!

All black does tend to hide body lines and contours especially with black wheels.

Isk

I saw a cable show with him painting the real fire on a Hot Rod with big fenders. The owner said it is scary to watch him paint because at first it appears like he has really messed up and then things start to appear through the layers.

After Googling some more, it could have been Mike Lavallee from Washington on a "Rides" episode. He even sells stencils on e-bay for his flames and skulls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Artool-Lavallee-True-Fire-Airbrush-18-Stencils-DVD_W0QQitemZ8244954574QQcategoryZ28111QQcmdZViewItem