HybridZ

Spider crossed my path.

DaleMX

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a look at the CA trapdoor model, they must be related. Yours definitely looks like a transplant from the left coast, really looks exactly the same. http://mamba.bio.uci.edu/~pjbryant/biodiv/spiders/Bothriocyrtum%20californicum.htm

That's what I thought. I had it under glass for a couple of hours while the camera charged up. Then I released it where I had found it and snapped the pics. After it has remained motionless for about 2 minutes it took off in a hurry into the brush from whence it came. Hopefully it will eat some of the Japanesse beatles we have around here.

Why squish it? What difference are you making to the spider population in your area, really? In truth that thing is probably eating many more annoying and dangerous pests, things that could and would actually cause you harm. (you know, mice, ticks, ants, small children)

Sorry, just never understood the "holy **** it's ugly, kill it" mindset. Maybe because I'm ugly and I value my life. ;)

scary. Just had a flight attendant on my last flight who was out for 3 weeks because he was bit by a brown recluse, in some chick's bed in conyers (wierd, a totally tattood, harley riding straight male flight attendant, but I swear its true!)