HybridZ

Turbo Header

Guest 280ZForce

looks bad ***...wondering if he is on hybrid? can any1 give their input on this and say if it's well built or would help considerably?

whats wrong with the waste gate placement?

It's hard to tell in the pictures, but it looks like the flow has to take a 180 degree turn...then travel 4 miles of pipe to the wastegate. With a big turbo, you may have a hard time dialing the bost down to lower numbers when trying to get the car tuned. Probably not an issue once you crank the boost up, but could definetly be a problem on lower boost levels.

With a header like that, it could be a matter of you just can't have your cake and eat it too...

It's hard to tell in the pictures' date=' but it looks like the flow has to take a 180 degree turn...then travel 4 miles of pipe to the wastegate. With a big turbo, you may have a hard time dialing the bost down to lower numbers when trying to get the car tuned. Probably not an issue once you crank the boost up, but could definetly be a problem on lower boost levels.

With a header like that, it could be a matter of you just can't have your cake and eat it too...[/quote']

hmm maybe u could modify it to come straight down instead of out to the side like that. and shortin a little too. But then theres the clearance issue....hmmm.....pretty lookin thing thou....

stainless...look at the color of the metal and the heat discoloration. Thhe welder did a good job to not overheat the stainless.

welds hurt flow though...if you can get one that is just tube with few welds it will flow better...not like it will make THAT much of a difference.

the wastegate routing makes me wonder too...i wonder if there is clearance enough to get a wrench on the mounting bolts too...if the flange is that thick, would the shared bolts with the intake manifold have trouble holding them both on evenly?

Guest dherde26
the wastegate routing makes me wonder too...i wonder if there is clearance enough to get a wrench on the mounting bolts too...if the flange is that thick, would the shared bolts with the intake manifold have trouble holding them both on evenly?

that was my concern and i could build somthin like this no problem how many people are actually willing to pay 750-800 for a product like this

thnks

Drew Herdeman

DREWFAB

Tubes too long and too different. Why didn't he center turbo? Need at least 3" to clear down pipe from the #6 tube. What turbo was it designed for?

Have to extrude hone to assure all slag from all those welds wouldn't hit the turbine impeller. Add on Jet coating.

I have one similiar in my garage. Don't know how it would work on a left side drive car. If someone is close by would be willing to give it a try....The wastegate location on mine I don't like as well.... If it works it could be used to duplicate. Pics are in my gallery...That is if the one above doesn't fit people's needs...

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2978&cat=500&ppuser=9707

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2877&cat=500&ppuser=9707