HybridZ

wtf? gas prices=rediculous

born2drive

so i went home from college for the weekend, filled up moms car @ $3.33/gal. is it just me or is this getting way out of hand. seems to me like gas went up 10cents a week for the last month. ITS OUTRAGEOUS. for those of u that know whats going on, gimme some input! :icon55:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo Chavez hates us

Iran is developing nukes

Mexico is agitated with us over the immigration issue

Chinas consumption is rising exponentially

All of this is driving up the price of oil on speculation. Don't blame the oil companies, blame the traders.

I buy bulk diesel, typically 2000 gallons/month and I got 1000 gallons yesterday for $2.82/gallon and my bulk supplier is telling me that $3.50 a gallon is where it's going to level off at, so just accept it. Why, who cares, you can't do anything about it. Me, I just raise my prices like everyone else, my freight charge is up to $4.25 a loaded mile or $100 an hour depending on whether it's highway or rural roads. My landscape rock is up from $30/yd last year to $35/yd this year and if this keeps going up, will be $37/yd by mid summer.

Time to conserve, drive less and be smart about grouping tasks when you do drive. I know I drive less in my personal vehicle, deliver more quantity per load now than before in my commercial trucks. Before some people would order like 10-12 yards and I can haul 24 yards, now everyone orders 20-24 since the frieght is the same. Race gas here is up to $8/gallon and alky is still $2/gal. Go figure.

I buy bulk diesel' date=' typically 2000 gallons/month and I got 1000 gallons yesterday for $2.82/gallon and my bulk supplier is telling me that $3.50 a gallon is where it's going to level off at, so just accept it. Why, who cares, you can't do anything about it. Me, I just raise my prices like everyone else, my freight charge is up to $4.25 a loaded mile or $100 an hour depending on whether it's highway or rural roads. My landscape rock is up from $30/yd last year to $35/yd this year and if this keeps going up, will be $37/yd by mid summer.

[/quote']

I was watching the news or cnn I think, where this guy who had a bunch of gas trucks was selling bulks of gas to people 2 or 3 years ago at the current price. So one guy bought something like 4 grand in gas and when he goes to fill up now, he is still paying at the rate of $1.99/gal! Cool idea and all but when your credit runs out.........they will be like the rest of us paying high prices.

There was this guy on TV the other day complaining "Damn 3 dollar a gallon gas prices" as he was filling up his HUMMER!!!!

Yet another reason I sold my lifted 03 Dodge gas hog and bought an Infiniti G35 sedan with a 6 speed :)

got my z back on the road to take the place of my 96 e150 cargo van with 5.8.the van is my suv/hobby support vehicle.i bought a boat this winter -now its for sale.takes 45 gallons of preminum to fill it.it gets about 3 mpg.still driving 56 miles a day to work sucks.

I've GOT to buy a motorcycle!

I just picked up an 81 Suzuki GS1000 shaft drive cruiser last week for $950. Excellent condition, garaged its whole life. I started driving it to work this week, 60 mile round trip each day. I got 48mpg on the first tank, and pretty fun to get back on a bike.

Filled up my mazda 3S (2.3 liter, vvt) for 12 gallongs flat into 360 miles. Mixed 25% city/75% highway nets me 29-30mpg on average. Best I've gotten was 32.5 mpg on highway

The neon r/t got 36mpg coming home from LA. Best I ever squeezed out of it was 37-38 highway.

On this topic I drove one of the toyota Prius cars last weekend just because someone I know has one, that person gets 50mpg and it was pretty nice to drive. I didn't go out on the freeway with it. Doesn't look as nice as my bike though, IMO.

batteries in the prius are warranteed for 100k miles

Basic: 36 months/36,000 miles (all components other than normal wear and maintenance items).

Hybrid-Related Component Coverage: Prius' hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter, are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. The HV battery may have longer coverage under emissions warranty. Refer to applicable Owner's Warranty Information booklet for details.

Powertrain: 60 months/60,000 miles (engine, transmission/transaxle, front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, seatbelts and airbags).

from toyota's website