HybridZ

L28 custom intake flange

JustinOlson

I tried the tracking number as well. It didn't come up? I'll call DHL in the AM.

The DHL kiosk is right next to my work. Made it handy to ship the remaining packages out since I'm riding my bicycle everywhere now.

Justin

Hey Justin,

That shipping # doesn't come up at the DHL website. Would you please check that # and repost is it is wrong. Thanks. Why did you decide to send it DHL instead of UPS?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Justin whats the name of the machinist that made the parts? I was talking to some local z guys and they mentioned about a z fan that was also a machinist that moved to Oregon not too long ago. It would be cool if it was the same guy.

As being in the machine shop buisness, I understand how things can be slow, but not one year slow. My flanges have changes some, since my last pictures. I am currently sold out, seems hard to keep them on the shelf, but we will be making more the next time someone wants some. What you should of done, was send a print, or somesort of part file to the machine shop, and ask them to quote price and delivery. Then, you can hold them to whatever time they quoted. If they would of told you a year, I am sure you would of looked somewhere else. On parts that were as simple as a flange, I would figure 1-2 week tops.

Just got home from a 3 week trip and found my flange and plenum base waiting for me. They are quality peices. I know what is to have waited a year on a machine shop...even after 4 qoutes of delivery time..but won't get into that here.

But Justin have you thought anymore about the feul rail??

Thanks for including me in this project.

You and I talked about it a few months ago Justin, but never heard any more.

Well here is good IGES file for the fuel rail. I didn't model the contuour of the injector ports in the rail. It is modeled on a -8 AN Ross machining extrusion.

If you want to quote this fuel rail out to people I bet you could sell 10-15 of them. I'll buy one if you make them :)!

Justin

Is up to you, its your design and your product. If people come to you wanting them, and you wanna make a couple bux on a transaction, Im game. I dont wanna just take your setup and make it and market it ya know, thats not what I am about. If you get your flange customers calling you wanting a rail, then Yea, Ill make them for ya.

I'm not making any more flanges. The information has been released. Anyone capable of taking the 3D and 2D data can make one of these flanges. I'm just trying to help out those that want flanges. The biggest problem on my end is shipping out these products once I've gotten them from a supplier. I don't really care about making a couple bucks.

I'm just trying to provide for people that bought one of these flanges sets a supplier that they can get a fuel rail for it.

Regards,

Justin