HybridZ

L28 custom intake flange

JustinOlson

Don't worry. Justin will come through. Anything could have come up. It wasn't that long ago that his machinist had that horrific accident to deal with. The flanges got made after things settled. I'm confident that we'll get those plemun flanges in due time.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark, I know he will come through....eventually. It's just my nature to be.....demanding (in a good way). I manage capital projects exceeding $40 million to $50 million a year, projects that have considerable schedule contraints and impacts, etc., and I just can't turn that side of me off (unfortunately). When I am dealing with over 50+ vendors, contractors, consultants, regulatory bodies, internal colleagues, superiors, etc., I do not have the time to give 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

It's a weakness of mine (being unable to turn that side off).

I know as well as being a buisness man, that you have to honor what you say. I build heads and intakes for guys all the time, and although I may be a couple days or so late, I call my customers every week or better and let the know whats going on, if I am ever late. The key is to keep people updated. Flanges are only a couple hundred dollars, but many of these people that ordered flanges, was done a year ago. I could not sleep with letting my customers wait a whole year after taking deposits or full payment. I am not trying to talk down justin by any means, just giving some advice. My suggestion is to not take any payment untill you have the parts in hand, on production runs, then no one has hard feelings. I guess I am just speaking from one vendor to another. I guess the key thing, is to make PERSONAL contact with your customers that have paid. PM's or email, or even a phone call. Rap some old cardboard, and a bunch of duct tape around the flanges, and send them off! They are durable, they wont break! :)

I guess I'm out voted. LOL. I work for the gov't so my expectations are the exact opposite of yours. Nothing happens fast. For that matter, I haven't found anyone in the engine building or machine shop industry that is expedient.. locally anyway. I certainly see your point. When said and done it looks like my stroker rebuild will be two years in the making.

Justin, why is it that you can visit Hybridz, even as early as an hour ago (present time is 4:10 PM PST), yet provide no update as to the shipping status of the flanges?

You have ignored my last two PMs, you have ignored this thread for nearly 3 weeks, yet find time to post in other threads.

I finally got to do some porting on my P90 head to match Justin's intake flange. This is for a modest L28 SC (M62) project pushing around 8 psi for street driving. I did not remove the valve guides so pocket grinding was minimal or none in those areas. The radius' at the bowls were smoothed and the runners were blended/port matched. I also chamfered the intake flange at the injector port to blend with the head. There was a lot of material on the floor and work bench when done. Any input or observations are welcome. Here are some photos.

I noticed the surface of the head looked like it had been ground on, are you going to have the head decked (if thats the proper term, just make flat)?

By the way head looks nice!

Justin!... Justin!... Justin!...

Echo!... Echo!... Echo!..

Hey Man, are you busy this weekend? We can meet up at the Ship, and I'll buy you a beer in exchange for the flanges :mrgreen:

I hope everything is going allright. :icon31:

Challenger, the surface was polished with a scotchpad puck in a drill to remove oxidation and discoloration. If a machinist's flat indicates a need I'll have that surface skim cut. I was pleased with the basic porting but want to perform a little more detail work. I think I'll push the exhaust guides out and work those bowls a little more too. The idea is not for maximum flow. Compromise between hp and longivity is my goal. Thanks for the input.

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down everyones mailing address. Its hard to figure out what screen names relate to peoples paypal names. Also if you sent me payment via check I don't have your address, and will need some help.

Please PM me or e-mail me your corresponding shipping address so I can get all these flanges out.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Justin

These are the ones I'm still having trouble with:

1. 340ZXTTAZ

2. GLENN280ZX (Paid in full)

3. niceguy678us

4. 70z

5. znow white (paid in full)

6. Doug71zt (paid in full)

I'm having a lot of trouble tracking down everyones mailing address. Its hard to figure out what screen names relate to peoples paypal names. Also if you sent me payment via check I don't have your address, and will need some help.

Please PM me or e-mail me your corresponding shipping address so I can get all these flanges out.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Justin

These are the ones I'm still having trouble with:

4. 70z

Shipping info sent via PM a few minutes ago

Guest znow white

znow white here i would like a full refund for 1 set i thought you got my email i bought 2 sets remember