HybridZ

L28 custom intake flange

JustinOlson

I am recalling a certain amount of difficulty, or at least complication, in threading and tightening the intake manifold nuts as it is.. I may be thinking more about a roadster engine than a Z, and even still it might be a non issue.. maybe just, leave a blank boss with a center punch pre embossed, so that one could easily drill the hole out should it be necessary?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After I've received the prototypes I will likely release my design files for this manifold to the Hybrid-Z community. I have to talk it over with Ron as this originated as his design. I have some loose ends to figure out, but I think this will be fine for all parties. I'm not trying to make a profit on these parts, so I'd rather release the solid models and let individuals have the flanges machined.

Regards,

Justin

So justin, does this mean that you won't be doing a run of these at all? if your not is anybody maybe planning on being able to do a small run? it would be rather expesive to go to a machinist and ask for just one to be made, plus i don't know any that i trust with something like this. it would really bring down the price per flange to do as many as you can in one run. the big issue i guess would be that whoever does the run would have to have the capital up front to pay the machinist and be able to live without that cash until they sold them all. are there any machinists out there that might be interested in doing this run and possibly get the price down a little? just my thoughts, sorry for ranting.

Ron and I talked. We will be doing a run of these intake flanges. The price will be $185 for the intake flange itself. I will be taking pre-orders for the production run. I will take pre-orders of quantity 10-15 for 50% of the total cost.

I feel this is the best compromise for everyone. By doing a run of 10-15, we get the price down for everyone. The matching plenum base can be purchased at the same time as the flange. The price for this piece will be around $75 depending on the quantity that people order. I will verify this price with the machinist. Hang in there for those that have been waiting. The prototypes should be machined shortly.

Please note that those that want one of these flanges on there door by early July, that its just not realistic. Likely I will see the prototypes by the end of June. After verify the design, I will likely make a production order in mid July. I just wanted to be clear on this point so that no one gets mad when these aren't ready to ship next week.

Vintage-TechZ asked a good question. I will include CAD data with the purchase of a flange so that you have the exact dimensions to make the rest of the parts to.

I can accept payment by two methods. Paypal or check. If you'd like to do paypal, please include 3.5% for fees. That would be $95.75 for the desposit to my paypal address: JustinAOlson@gmail.com

If you'd like to mail me a check for $92.50, my address is

Justin Olson

18901 Hilltop Rd

Lake Oswego, Or 97034

Best Regards,

Justin Olson

Pre Order List:

1. Vintage-TechZ (intake flange & plenum base) Deposit Paid

2. 240Z_478 (intake flange & plenum base) Deposit Paid

3. 340ZXTTAZ (intake flange) Desposit Paid

4. 340ZXTTAZ (intake flange) Deposit Paid

5. Kenneth Jones (ntake flange & plenum base) Deposit Paid

6. Kenneth Jones (ntake flange & plenum base) Deposit Paid

Will the deposit also include the plenum? also will the total include the runners or is that a thing we will be purchasing ourselves?

For those that are interested in the plenum base and intake flange, I will take a deposit of 50% of the cost on both parts. I will have a production cost on the plenum bases tonight or tomorrow.

I could source runner tubing for those that want. I'd rather just have people source it locally. You can buy 6061 aluminum tubing here. I'm not sure how competitive this pricing is, but its a easy source:

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=4366&step=4&showunits=inches

Regards,

Justin

I was looking at the model of the manifold last night. The current plenum configuration as seen is setup for upto 75mm throttle bodies. You could easly make it work with a Q45 (90mm) throttle body if you wanted. I personally don't think these motors really are going to see any restriction with a 65-75mm throttle body.

Regards,

Justin