HybridZ

Anyone Hear The New SLAYER Song That Just Came out???

Guest iskone

Guest iskone

SLAYER!!!!

They are still sticking to their guns. It sounded a little like something from "Diablos In Musica". The new single is called "Cult" it's along the lines of "Jesus Saves" from "Reign In Blood".

I'm part of the Slayer faithfull so to speak so I was pumped. I'll be in the pit come July when they come to Seattle. I'm way pumped about the show!!!

One year at Ozzfest the whole crowd was silent right beofre we knew the music was gonna start, people started putting distance between each other, the air was had this erie feel about it then........"Reign In Blood".... The crowd just went nuts!!! I just running and punching anything that moved at full force. F'n SLAYER!!!!

Isk

Isk, I've never been a huge Slayer fan, more of a pick and chooser, but I'll look for this song and give it a shot. I know what you mean about that eerie feeling though. I've been to some shows like that, it's f'in AWESOME. Not to hijack, but if you're in Seattle, you should check out http://www.jasonwebley.com cuz he lives up there. It's not metal, but I've taken metalheads, punkers, indy/emo idiots, hip hop kids, and my mom to see him and they ALL have loved the show he puts on. Go see a show if you can.

I saw Slayer at Ozzfest a couple of years ago in San Antonio. I thought they put on a good show, but I couldn't enjoy it as much because they were on main stage and I didn't have pit tickets. Oh well, thank god for second stage :-)

Guest TegRacer324

I heard about that yesterday. I saw them at ozzfest and last year at their own show. Ozzfest was kinda meh, but their own show rocked. I was almost kinda scared going into the show with the random guys screaming slayer at the top of their lungs, but it was a damn good show overall. I wish they were coming closer this summer as I'd definately be there.

I'll give it up for slayer still rocking hard, but I have to draw the line at that punk cover album they did a few years back...they did a ton of minor threat songs, and they just didn't sound the same as the originals, but in a bad way...

Guest iskone

Slayer rocks!!! IMO they are the best live metal band period. No one else sounds exactly like the albums like Slayer does.

I only went to Ozzfeest to see Slayer, Sabbith was cool too.

Man, this is gonna be soooo awesome all the fans for Slayer shows just go crazy before they come on it is killer!!!! What better way to let loose.

I gues Tom Araya has said the new album maybe faster then anything they've ever done. Faster the Reign In Blood!? You know that album went all the way to number 6 on the billboard charts just threw word of mouth and NO mainstream radio play.

Isk

Guest iskone
IMHO the band that sounds closest to their recordings is RUSH. They are amazingly accurate. I gotta check out the new Slayer tho.

That may be, I wouldn't have a clue. I don't concider Rush to be a "Metal" band.

Isk

Yeah, I saw them at Ozzfest in Socal (Ontario) two years ago, it was pretty good, but I was over all the fires that people were starting on the lawn. I counted 17 at one point. The firefighter cops were trying to put them out but people were keeping them back. It got so bad that at one point about 20 cops on horses just rode into the crowd. Myself and my then girlfriend had to f-in run for it, people were stampeding like mad beasts!

I think the pit was actually bigger for Supersuck errr, I mean Superjoint Ritual.

Guest TegRacer324

Hey don't diss Superjoint.

Eh who am I kidding they do suck. Goddamn you Phil for leaving two great bands for that peice of crap.

Guest Heuristicism

uh, old guy here. Seen them a bunch of times 15+ years ago.

Still keep up with their music although!!!!

BTW check out the new Ministry album. It's very aggressive, alot like Psalm 69 was....