HybridZ

L6 monster getting close....look here

Well I got the intake setup finished and installed. Also put on the header. Looks real good together. I still need to add the freeze plugs, oil pump, water pump ( thinking of using the CSR electric model), Kameari timing set will be had in a couple months as well, port the gasket to match the intake and exhaust and then send the head out for the last bit of work. Pics if interested are in the members gallery. Thinking of painting the entire engine in a graphite paint. Clean looking and I figure easy to locate leaks.

Here is the link

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=7883&cat=500

Thinking of asking 1fastZ for the head work any other ideas?

N42 stroker with flat tops (slight valve relief) N42 head as well. Cam undecided but something fun for street and daily use. I have a top of the line fuel and ignition set up (redline distributor less crank fire) ..

Hoping for some feedback and head ideas...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

very nice.

i sure wish i had some of those L parts in your album!

really like that turbo manifold! wish i could find one like that!

mike

ooh...nice! You have basically the same clutch as me...except I got the stage 2+. It is really weird for the fitrst 30 miles and then at around 600miles it is worn in. You could get BRAAP of rusch motorsports to do headwork. I will use rusch motorsports one day on a turbo build...

Eric, the car is looking awesome!!. I bet she will be MEAN!. What fuel managment are you going with? That turbo looks like it sits below the motor mount, or is that just a optical illusion? I bet you cannot wait to get her back on the road.. Are you still over in Cali?

Great progress man..

Gabe

Thanks guys, I have worked real hard trying to do this correctly the first time. The fuel management system is from Redline. They are here in SoCal. The fuel rail is from them as well as the complete induction system...TWM...I did notice the manifold being from Cannon. The throats of the throttle bodies didn't line up with the manifold very well. Lots of overlap. An afternoon with the dremmel cleaned it up pretty well. I have thought of Braap for the head but the build sheet from the pinks motor shows $1600. That's pretty hard to swallow..I have talked to Robello as he thinks around $800-$1000...1fastZ in Phoenix. A little closer and I will be heading thru there this summer as well..

well that was for a motor that was completely insane...you hopefully don't want to be that insane...lol I men I have seen how fast that car is and you don't want that...undriveable...lol. I don't know if they want to give out any hp numbers but it was way more than reasonable...but since you are building a L6 MONSTER..who knows...

Thinking of asking 1fastZ for the head work any other ideas?

I suppose its a shameless plug...but since you asked' date=' we do head porting, ceramic and thermal coatings along with quite a few other things. Feel free to email me if you're interested at lonewolfperformance@hotmail.com

Also, you might do some searching about that csr pump. I've heard talk of a couple guys that purchased it and they couldn't keep the car cool anymore and ended up switching back to a traditional water pump. I've never tried one, but just a little heads up. It would be a lot of money to waste if it doesn't work properly, so check it our real good first.

Decided against the Blow thrus. Tunning was going to be a pain. I tried to get period correct items. Difficult to track down. So instead it will be a N/A and will see about fitting the turbo in if room allows...I will not be cutting up my Hakosuka just to make a turbo fit....