HybridZ

Nissan bringing back the Datsun name!

Guest l28et

Guest l28et

Not really. But its an idea I've had for a while.

Think about it, Toyota launches Scion, Nissan launches Datsun as its hip/young/practical/econo brand. Rebadge some existing models (like Toyota did with Xb/Xa) and sell them here:

2007 Datsun Cube

datsuncube0he.jpg

nissan-cube057s.jpgBase

cubecube3055ab.jpgPremium

Dastun Tiida

tiida1dx.jpg

tiida_opt_interior.jpg

tii%200031.jpg

Later down the line, launch a DOHC 220hp 2.4L I4/I6, drop it into a compact 2 seat sports car weighing around, eh, 2500lbs, and call it a 240Z. Keep the Fairlady (350) as the mack daddy under the Nissan name, and the G35 as the luxo coupe.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOOOO' date=' don't make a modern version, they don't modernize, the give an old name to another car that barely resembles the original. I.E GTO, Charger

Although these are pretty cool, it takes away from the name.[/quote']

I agree 110%. Impala comes to mind.Or better yet,anyone remember the 3 cylinder Nova?

but if done right.. they look stunning! the new Lambo Miura comes to mind... the Impala went downhill for sure. i like the new Charger but I don't think of it being related to its predecessor in anything besides name

NOOOO' date=' don't make a modern version, they don't modernize, the give an old name to another car that barely resembles the original. I.E GTO, Charger

Although these are pretty cool, it takes away from the name.[/quote']

I was talking about a "retro" version of modern 240Z, like how the new mustang resembles the old? Miura is another good example already mentioned.

A man can dream...

I think if they revived the Datsun name like Toyota Scions equal I would seriously cry. It would be a total butchering of a good name that had real racing heritage. Then all the ricers would be driving datsuns and such :S

I think now that they should revive the datsun name as a performance brand with out the luxury compromises of infinity. All models should be retros. 510's, 240z's, and Roadsters. They would have to be really light weight also... Elise fighters.

*wakes up from dream* ****

I saw a 98 or so sketch from nissan that was the 350Z but it had a 240Z body. I have been searching but haven't found it.

Nissan did have a concept 240Z in 98 but it was not like a Z...The sketch I saw looked what a 240Z would look like now...it was sweet looking.