HybridZ

Sport Z Magazine no more

Sumo

Sport Z Magazine ceased publication, is this true? :-(http://www.sportzmagazine.com Too bad i just got a gift for two year subcription for Christmas last year. I hope the new Nissan Sport magazine will really honor SZM subscribers. I already got screwed once by the first Z Car mag i don't want that to happen again. :fmad: Besides we need a good Z magazine .http://www.nissansportmag.com/nissansportfaq.html

If they can incorporate more Datsuns in the magazine, I would totally go for that. The original magazine (Z Car Magazine) was great and seemed to feature a number of HybridZs in each issue, but I thought the magazine lost its luster after the CD ROM version debacle. I still supported it and always looked for a HybridZ with each issue. The newer cars just don't interest me much, but if there was a magazine dedicated to just the older vintage Datsuns 1200s, Roadsters, 510s, pickups, and Z cars, I'd be all over it. You'd figure that between the above mentioned vehicles that there would be enough interest to keep a magazine going. Newer cars? Feh.

Davy

If they can incorporate more Datsuns in the magazine' date=' I would totally go for that. The original magazine (Z Car Magazine) was great and seemed to feature a number of HybridZs in each issue, but I thought the magazine lost its luster after the CD ROM version debacle. I still supported it and always looked for a HybridZ with each issue. The newer cars just don't interest me much, but if there was a magazine dedicated to just the older vintage Datsuns 1200s, Roadsters, 510s, pickups, and Z cars, I'd be all over it. You'd figure that between the above mentioned vehicles that there would be enough interest to keep a magazine going. Newer cars? Feh.

Davy[/quote']

When I was in Switzerland I ran across a magazine dedicated to old school low budget rides of all kinds, trabants, 2002's, Renault's, etc. lots of hybrids and clever modifications. I would love to see a magazine like that here in the states featuring modified/hybrid cars of all kinds. Bimmers, Nissans, Toyotas, triumphs, MG's ETC. It seems to me that interest in unique old school imports is on the rise...why a magazine like that isnt around in the statess is confusing to me. (maybe it does and I just havent found it?)

I did enjoy Z-Sport magazine, sad to see it go...

When I was in Switzerland I ran across a magazine dedicated to old school low budget rides of all kinds, trabants, 2002's, Renault's, etc. lots of hybrids and clever modifications. I would love to see a magazine like that here in the states featuring modified/hybrid cars of all kinds. Bimmers, Nissans, Toyotas, triumphs, MG's ETC. It seems to me that interest in unique old school imports is on the rise...why a magazine like that isnt around in the statess is confusing to me. (maybe it does and I just havent found it?)

I agree. The magazines here deal with the top top top end cars that cost some big money and typically have all kinds of tuner shops behind them. What we do not have is a magazine dedicated to older modified cars that clean, but not 'bling' territory so to speak. They are clean ones you WANT to own and are not afraid to drive around (unlike the trailer queen masses you see in the magazine) I NEVER see the cars that make it into the magazines drive around town. Sure they show up at the car shows and such, but beyond that, they have a life in someone's garage being polished with a diaper.

I found some good old school tuner magazines in Germany like the ones you saw in Die Schweitz. I wish we had the same thing here: real cars for real people. I know the Brits have similar magazines too.

Davy

Guest Sport Z Editor

Hey HybridZers, I see you obviously have heard the sad news that the publisher of Sport Z, Robert Bell, has decided to retire. But don't panic.

I’d like to introduce Nissan Sport, a new all-Nissan, all-Datsun, all-Infiniti magazine started and co-owned by the key now-former employees of Sport Z Magazine. That also means me, former SZM editor-in-chief, now managing editor of Nissan Sport. It also means Art Singer, he's still the associate publisher and still a pain in the ***.

Most if not all key writers from Sport Z are coming aboard (still in the process of contacting all of them). Just about every advertiser has offered Nissan Sport their full support and commitment. More importantly, though, we worked out an agreement with Bob Bell late Friday afternoon of last week that will make fans of Sport Z ecstatic.

Nissan Sport will honor--in full--all Sport Z subscriptions and will have the same great Z coverage. Our Project 240Z continues, and we plan to add weekly coverage on our website. Doc Demers has great S30 tech articles waiting for publication. We have a gaggle of 240s, 260s and 280s, many of them hybrids, waiting in the wings for features.

Yes, there will be some changes. Nissan Sport will be shipped in a protective polybag. The annual subscription price drops to only $14.95. And we are expanding page count by at least another eight pages since we will be accommodating the full line of Nissan vehicles (not all at once, mind you). We’ve already got plans to cover an incredible 510 built up by a member of Car and Driver.

Look for the first issue to be mailed out in early September. Essentially, 90 percent of the magazine that was going to ship this Summer as Sport Z will ship this Fall as Nissan Sport. Right now we have an introductory special of $12.95, which expires July 31. For more information on Nissan Sport, including a detailed FAQ on how much Z coverage you can expect and a look at our Project 240Z area, go to our website, http://www.nissansportmag.com.'>http://www.nissansportmag.com. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Please pass this information along to your friends, forum members, and fans of Sport Z.

I apologize for not getting this announcement out sooner. Art, DaveO, Mike and I have been working late nights for much of the past month to make this happen. We didn't want to see the opportunity to build on a great magazine go away. The Nissan Sport team is determined to deliver the absolute best niche car magazine on the market, and any support you can offer is much appreciated.

This will be one of my last posts as Sport Z Magazine. Look for me soon under Nissan Sport. If you have questions, write me anytime at daveb@nissansportmag.com. Thanks for the understanding and see you in our pages.

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Nissan Sport

http://www.nissansportmag.com

You know,

I put in for a two year subscription last year,(I believe, I'll have to check my records), and I never got any magazines.... I have been so busy with deployments, short cruises, getting married, etc.. that I have forgotten it until this came up.

I have every copy of the orginal Z car magazine,(except the CD, which I never recieved and recieved no reason why I didn't get it - I'm still looking for a copy from anyone who has one and wants to sell it).

I have just about every copy of SportsZ until I tried to get the subscription.....

Now I have no contact at SportsZ in which to track down the error, (who knows, maybe the wrong address was entered?).

Bummer. Any ideas?

On edit - I have checked into my records and can't find a charge on my VISA or in my bank VISA.....unfortunatly I can't check my older checks since they are currently packed up. I sent an e-mail to Art, but it is entirely possible that I thought I put in the subscription, but never was successful? (I shared with Art that I had some trouble getting the two year subscription to process properly and may not have successfully completed it)

Just trying to keep this thread honest so people don't get the wrong idea.

-Bob

Dave, is the subscriber switchover automatic, or do we have to opt in?
S

I subscribed to Sport Z Magazine and just renewed my subscription. Now that the magazine is no longer publishing, what happens to my subscription money?

Nissan Sport will honor in full all Sport Z Magazine subscriptions, including five-year subscriptions and all prepaid club subscriptions. (For that reason, please understand that we will not be able to offer refunds to former SZM subscribers.) Look for a letter coming to your mailbox soon with all the details. You will automatically be put on the Nissan Sport subscriber list and you will receive your first issue of our new magazine this fall. And, because no Summer 2006 issue was published, your subscription will be extended an extra issue. No additional action for past SZM subscribers is necessary unless your address and/or contact info has changed. If so, please contact circulation at circulation@nissansportmag.com or 505-771-2374.

Bob H, email me at arts@nissansportmag.com and give me all your info: full name, address, and phone number that you can be reached at. Also give me specifics on how you ordered ie: internet, mail, phone, etc.

John C, my bad, I know I should have contacted you sooner, but with the embargo only being lifted on friday night these guys have been keeping me very busy and the time just flew by. I owe you something the next time I'm in CA. Not sure what it is, but i'll think of something.

2003z, the switchover is automatic. All SZM subscribers will be getting a postcard in the mail explaining the switch.

Gabe, we will continue to support SEZ and one of these times I'm actually going to show up even without a car. Don't look at this as a sad day, we have a lot of new things planned for the new mag and I think they will make it even better.

Gabe' date=' we will continue to support SEZ and one of these times I'm actually going to show up even without a car. Don't look at this as a sad day, we have a lot of new things planned for the new mag and I think they will make it even better.[/quote']

Excellent Art !!. I will be looking forward to meeting you and seeing ya at SEZ one day. I am also looking forward to seeing the new mag.