HybridZ

Help me set a price. Please!!!!

Guest BiltWel

Guest BiltWel

Hey everyone I havn't been on for a while but I am sure you guys know how that goes. Well anyway I'll get on with it. I have had and been working on this car for the past 2 yrs. I am getting very frustrated because I can not find the time to finish it. My business snuck up on me and has takin over my life along with a bunch of newfound family responsibilities. Long story short I am seriously thinking of selling it as is. It has always been my intention to sell the car from the start but I did not mean to go as far as I have with it, just got the while I was at it sendrome. What I would like to know is what should I ask for it. I tend to beleive that my stuff is coated in gold and don't want to seem like it is untouchable but I have a crapload of work and R and D in the thing and don't want to sell myself short either. Everyone please give me your honest opinion and please don't just look at this post and not respond I value all of your opinions even the ones that and ***holes. The car needs the stuff on the following list in order to be complete, but is does run and drive great as is, but will need final tuning when everthing is buttoned up.

Needs:

1: Autometer Electric speedo

2: Exhaust(will have that done at time of sale so pretend I didn't put this one on here)

3: new seat covers or seats

4: carpet kit

5: stereo

6: fan relay kit

7: front suspension bushings installed but I have them

8: All the engine bay wiring loomed up

9: front windsheild( I have the seals and the trim)

Thats about it I really apriciate you guys taking the time to help me out. Here are some pics for everone to reveiw.

uSiKLfwqzbzNtdkdv-ab1ntuhAvbp8W-0300.jpg

MzWjApiLr4FytXaTN3bcChBMcc4EyTSl0300.jpg

PY1IcDoLqFYCbx6lFI-oV8v8eSWBHTlZ0300.jpg

ATgntWGyWSG34iFKgfUP97jGmx39O0Sw0300.jpg

3z4U7AN16-phyHFaEEz8BOxoRG8M2bFq0300.jpg

IMO, you'll get quite a bit more for it if you can finish it to the point that it's roadworthy. Your list of things to do isn't terribly long, and my gut tells me your sale price will go up a lot more than the cost of the parts to complete.

Wild guesses here: As-is: $5000-ish, complete: $8500

Guest BiltWel

I am finding the prices you guys are setting as really hard to swallow as I had guessed I would. I will put just a little more info on the car here it is a 1973 240Z, it has about $5000 in paint and bodywork, The engine has been completely gone through, it has a 4L60E 4 speed auto, 12 gallon fuel cell, it was striped down to the bones and everthing has been gone through and the only thing wrong with the car is what I listed in the list on the first post.

I think PeteS hit it on the head. Your list is pretty short of things to do and you'll definitely get more for the car if you can finish those items... as well as have a detailed list (and pics) what's been done to the car. You don't mention suspension, brakes, etc. Not trying to burst any bubbles, but "everything has been gone through" is subjective and projects in the works are usually a harder sell.

That being said, I like your car and hope you get close to what you want for it.

Damn, that sucks and me without $$$ laying around. I've always wanted another car and that one is nice, but as it ism I have 8 around here already, so I really don't need it. Hmmm, trades?? Ahh, I got it donate it and take it off your taxes, I'm a charitable case in of myself, just ask my ex's! I need help, well, that's what they say anyway....

Its hard to swallow that a car you put your heart and sole into along with a lot of money will not get near as much as you put into it. The numbers being thrown around here are what I would expect to see. If you had it restored as an original 240Z it would have probably been able to reach 12 to 15k. I would recommend ebay to sell it for the most money, watch other people selling theres and you will see the price does change drastically kind of like a sine wave. One time your car would probably go for around 3 to 4k and another time you would probably be 10 to 11k. I have noticed just after a National or regional Z event the prices go really high for about a month and shortly after that they drop like a rock. To get the most you will have to finish the car or it just will not go well, also if you are in a southern area you will need AC in the car or people just won't be interested. Good luck and sorry to hear you are selling that very nice nearly finished project.

Welcome to the world of Datsun motorswapping... Not many of these cars sells for more than about $8-10K and once in a blue moon you'll see one go for up to $15K, but it is rare, and honestly those cars are in a different league of fit and finish...

I know it sucks to hear it man, I was there once, and will be again someday I bet.

Mike