HybridZ

Pic of my second Skyline

AKWIKZ

So, I bought another Skyline. This one is a '74 2 door. It is an Australian version. Minor details differentiate it from the Japanese one. A couple of trim pieces and taillights. Of course this one will be turned into a GT-R clone too.

IM001290_Medium_.JPG

She may not look like much at the moment. But just imagine her with flares, front and rear spoilers, and a set of 16" Watanabes. She will also be repainted in red with a flat black hood. This one will get a high compression N/A RB30 with an RB26 head. It will be a month or so before she gets shipped up. I am waiting on a few more parts and actually need the time until we get into the new house next month. I am still babysitting my friends R32 but luckily the new house has a three car garage. I have a ton of other pics and will try to post more shortly.

Brian

The stock body lines are definately not the most elegant to come from Japan. While the Z and 510 can both be nice while stock or modified, the KGC110 needs to be made into a GT-R clone to be visually appealing. And the two tone paint job does not really help things. This car can not be "sexy". It can only pull off aggressive. Unlike my '71, this one will not appear at all modern from the outside. I hope to find 9" front and 10" rears with a deep dish. And I find myself really excited about the sound of a high revving N/A RB under the hood.

As for the question about the Hakosuka, soon. I have almost all the parts now for the new engine. I'm just waiting on the RB30's to get here. Forged pistons, forged rods, RB26 head, Wolf 3D EMS, ARP studs for everything, Tomei head gasket, HKS 2530 turbos, HKS down pipes, Tomei cams, Tomei cam gears, HKS oil pump, etc. I fully intend to do everything I can to have it running for this years JCCS. My plans had not really involved getting the new car this soon. I really wanted to focus my attention and money on the Hakosuka. But this car was too good a deal to let pass. Almost no rust, complete, and I knew the seller. He was willing to hold it for me for a while and then set up the shipping. It really does make it that much easier when you have less to worry about.

Brian

I'm hoping to be at the JCCS again this year as well. I got an email from them earlier this week about this year's show, and here's the contents of that email for those that may be interested in entering or attending.

JCCS 2006 News

Announcement: Registration for the 2006 Japanese Classic Car Show 2006 begins on July 1, 2006!

Dear Japanese Classic Car owners and supporters:

We are pleased to announce that the 2nd Annual Japanese Classic Car Show will again take place at the Queen Mary Event Park in beautiful Long Beach.

September 30th is the day for this celebration of Japanese automotive history, when you can meet other car enthusiasts and see incredible classic cars from Toyota, Mazda, Nissan/Datsun, Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, and more!

Last year, the Japanese Classic Car Show was covered by many magazines, newspapers, and TV stations. Now, the public is realizing the allure and excitement of the Japanese “Old School†vehicles.

Please register to take part in this year’s Japanese Classic Car Show. Space at the event is limited, so we encourage you to register early.

As always, although prizes will be awarded, the main purpose of this event is to learn about Japan’s automotive history and to delight in the Classic Cars of all Japanese car manufacturers.

If you are interested in volunteering to work for this year’s Japanese Classic Car Show as “JCCS STAFFâ€, please let us know. We would greatly appreciate your help in making the 2006 Japanese Classic Car Show possible!

$30.00 Per JCCS Entry includes:

A JCCS 2006 event T-shirt, JCCS 2006 commemorative item, drawing ticket and goodies!

On-line: PayPal or Major credit cards: PayPal membership is not necessary

Mail-In: Downloadable forms will be available.

All Pre-85 Japanese cars are eligible including later years for models that were first built in 1985, 

such as :Toyota MR2 AW11, AE86, Nissan 300ZX, Mitsubishi Starion,Dodge Colt (MITSUBISHI Gallant!),RX-7,Honda Civic 1st gen.... etc...

Please watch for upcoming details and news.

If you also interested in Vendor Booth, the space is also limited so we encourage you to contact early.

Hope to see you all at the Queen Mary!

Sincerely,

Japanese Classic Car Show Association

P.O. Box 1400, Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716

Phone: (562) 472-4562

Fax: (562)402-7579

www.japaneseclassiccarshow.com

E-Mail: operations@japaneseclassiccarshow.com

It may be a Skyline but damn is that body style ugly...Maybe thats why not too many running around that are worth while to have...If I was to get a hatchback nissan it would have to be a Z..Good luck turning it into something cool...I will race you to see who finishes their HAKOSUKA rebuild first....Should be picking my body up soon...

Actually, it's not a hatchback. This particular car was modeled after a '70's Japanese police car. I don't know why, but that is the look the previous owner was after. Here is a better look at what it can be.

DSCN2493.JPG

This car belongs to my friend Lachlan in Australia. Aside from being a '73, it is started life a the same car I have. He has given it the appopriate GT-R parts and Wats. This is a lot closer to what I am looking to achieve. So, as you can see, I do have some work ahead of me.

Brian

Yes, Technically it is not a hatch...The rear sloping line of the body has always seemed akward to me...Glad to see the idea you are after is alot better looking....Proper clone parts I think will be harder to find so good luck...If not you could always bozsu yankee the car...Would be a first here stateside I am sure...

I just bought a $hitload of brochures from Lachlan..looks like he is getting some awesome rare literature!

I can't wait to see more pics of the car....I think it will look awesome...a definite diamond, too many people are hooked on the older Skylines models..granted they do look simply incredible.

Its like the Toyota Corollas...everyone only seems to focus on the AE86.

Yasin

• 1 month later...

Wow can i say that i am speachless with you Brian owning so many Skylines that we could probably open up a Nissan classic museum at youre place and just charge people money to look at them and then take them for a ride for even more. Any how, good luck to you and if you still wana sell the 71 i am up for it. LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!