HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That red camo is pretty hot. As far as bringing the stripe all the way to the back, my plan was to mimic the zzzap! graphics package, just change the colors. I like the line stopping where it does, so if you want to see it go all the way to the back, you'll just have to do it to yours I suppose. Then you can join the drift armada....maybe I should make a logo for it...Also, the actual painting was easy, just cut a few shapes out of cardboard for stencils, mask off what you want to spray, and go to town. All told, It might have taken me two and a half hours. A trick to keeping your lines straight: Notice the ruler in the supply picture. I taped all the way down the character line at the bottom of the door first, then just made sure every foot or so that my top tape line was always 6" from the bottom line. The 1/4" pinstripe line I just eyeballed, and it shows if you see it in person. But given the state of the car, and the nature of the rattle can paint job, I'm actually really satisfied with the finished result.

*translated from hutt-ese* {At last we have the mighty Chewbacca} Rock! Somebody's come over to the dark side! So is that how your car actually looks in your sig? Are you going to do the zzap, or are you going to do a different scheme? If you want, I'll try to come up with something for you, but i'd stay away from the blue. As soon as I get a drift armada logo, I'll post it so the stencil will be really easy to make. Should just be able to print it and cut it out.

My sig is exactly how my car currently looks ...mostly. I just posted a worklog in misc that shows current progress. But yes, it is very orange/faded red. I was thinking something a bit different, I dont like to copy others. I dont want to use the blue on my car but it looks good so I want to try it for something else. Tiger stripes comes to mind... I'm going to go doodle and see what I can come up with.

Hold that thought chewie, i've got like 10 drawings here at work that I'm going to throw up here when I get home, so before you buy any paint, let me know what you think. I'm kind of thinking that you'll need to ditch the flat orange basecoat regardless, it's really hard to do anything with it...