HybridZ

Operation: Camo Zzzap!

veritech-z

I'll have to check the can part numbers later, but it was hot rod white engine paint as a base, then some graphite wheel paint for the dark spots, and the same blue I used for the stripes for the blue. Also I used some silver touch up paint, and I'm wishing I hadn't. For the record, the ZZZap! is not currently equipped with this valve cover...Ever since RacerX posted that novelty exotic paint website, i've been dreaming of glow in the dark and mood ring paint jobs...

Ibanez, huh? I've got a Fender Mustang and an Epiphone SG clone (in an evil black color, the only way to have an SG). I always wanted a Parker Fly, but they are just so metal looking I couldn't ever convince myself to buy one. They sound awesome though.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a ratty old set of Momo Quasars that were missing the center caps in my closet as a spare set of wheels pretty much since i've owned my Z. they are 15X7" +30 offset, for those who are into that sort of thing. No they don't work without a spacer, but since my primary wheel is +38 offset, I'm already using spacers. Anyway, I got REALLY bored yesterday at work, and decided I'd re paint them to match. I used some old take-off saturn center caps to cover the unsightly blah in the middle. I haven't put any clearcoat on them yet, nor have I applied the momo center badges that I've sourced from Ebay (i've given up trying to find the actual center caps for these wheels long ago). But here is a before and after, let me know what you think:

before

datsunstuff_004.jpg

after:

DSC_0125.jpg

Yes B_sosick, these are in fact the wheels that you wanted, so let me know if they meet your approval. I'll be sure and photograph them on the car once they are all finished, but I don't think that will be for at least a week. This one took pretty much a full day to do.

Not only is it that boring, but it's slow enough that I actually DID THAT at work...I used to spend my whole day logged in to Hybridz, but now that they've locked it out, I'm forced to actually DO stuff...

Just use an online translator to get passed that...

I like them but your car looks sweet with the current wheels.

Mario

I like my current wheels as well, but the tires are almost totally bald, and these have brand new Toyos all the way around. Although they are kind of an F'd up size (2 are 195/55 15 and 2 are 195/50 15-what can I say, they were free), I figured I'd throw these on for a change of pace.

For the record, I work at a dealership parts counter, and due to a particularly odd set of circumstances involving downsizing and consolidation, I am now the ONLY person in my department at this particular dealership (my manager is based out of our sister store across town, and since there are only two people over there, I only see him in the morning). I don't have any wholesale business (since they transferred my parts driver and sold my delivery truck), and NO dealership has much walk in traffic. So my only responsibilities are to answer the phone (which rarely happens without wholesale), make sure the technicians have the parts they need (once they have their parts, I wait for them to come back), and try not to burn the building down. I got tired of counting the cracks in the ceiling during my 9 hour shifts (with no luch breaks) Hence the wheel painting...(and the multitude of drawings that appear in this thread and OTM's threads...) I'm just biding my time until august when I'm going to go back to school and get my Master's Degree, then I'll be making a career change.

For the record, I work at a dealership parts counter, and due to a particularly odd set of circumstances involving downsizing and consolidation, I am now the ONLY person in my department at this particular dealership (my manager is based out of our sister store across town, and since there are only two people over there, I only see him in the morning). I don't have any wholesale business (since they transferred my parts driver and sold my delivery truck), and NO dealership has much walk in traffic. So my only responsibilities are to answer the phone (which rarely happens without wholesale), make sure the technicians have the parts they need (once they have their parts, I wait for them to come back), and try not to burn the building down. I got tired of counting the cracks in the ceiling during my 9 hour shifts (with no luch breaks) Hence the wheel painting...(and the multitude of drawings that appear in this thread and OTM's threads...) I'm just biding my time until august when I'm going to go back to school and get my Master's Degree, then I'll be making a career change.

I think it is about time for a career change!!

The problem with school is that you can't do near as many sketches...I think I did 1 while I was down at school before I got injured...

I think the camo Zzzap paint job turned out well. It would look better on a Z lifted 3" and 29" tall super swampers...

Well, the difference between your school and mine is that mine will be a Video Game Design Master's degree, and I'll be doing the character design art track. So my school WILL be drawing. That's why I'm working on my portfolio so hard these days. OTM, there's still time for you to do the Camo flames!

Thanks Sven! Like I said, they got scratched up when I was putting the engine on the stand. I might just touch up the scratches or strip it all, who knows...:)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just finished my ZX sign. A friend of mine cut it out on the plasma CAM at school.

DSCF0597.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes B_sosick, these are in fact the wheels that you wanted, so let me know if they meet your approval. I'll be sure and photograph them on the car once they are all finished, but I don't think that will be for at least a week. This one took pretty much a full day to do.

ahhh somehow i missed the post

i like it!!!

sorta

they look real good black i think