HybridZ

Photoshop for Z's

mason4300

Hey. I've already been contacted by a few people about photoshoppinhg their cars, so I figured i'd get myself a little more established here. I have some pretty good experience with PS, it's pretty much my main hobby. I figured i'd open up my skills to this site and offer to do simple jobs if anyone wanted an edited picture to know what something could look like, or wanted a cool sig or something. Well, you can make requests here. If you want me to do something, what I need is:

1. Picture(s) of your car.

2. Fairly detailed description of what you want done.

3. Any other pictures that might be used in the photoshopping process.

example: paint job you want on your car; give me a shot of a similar paint job on some other car to reference; body kit; give me pics of the kit.

Keep in mind i'm willing to do these for free, so they aren't on the top of my priority list. If you make a request, and depending on the size of the job and how busy I am, it can take anywhere from 1 day to a week or so to for me to have the time to get around to it, but it's free, right?

Oh, yeah, if you want to check out some cars i've chopped, follow this link. This is definately not all I can do, but they're the only images I have massed in an easy-to-get-to location. So, yeah, I can do chibi cars. I call 'em midget cars, but chibi's accurate, too, I suppose. ;)

some stuff

If there is a better forum for this thread, feel free to move it there, mods.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting.

I will get with you on monday.

I have a computer at home but still have not been able to log onto Hybrid Z from there lately. Not sure why but, working on it.

I have a couple of projects for ya.

Must insist on paying for it though. Only option.

First Z? Welcome!

See you soon...

If you really want to, thats cool. I would use any money I get for my Z. I figured if anybody had a particulary large project, I could charge for it, but the little things are so simple I figured no one would want to pay for anything if I did charge. Of course, if I do a paid job, needless to say, it will have a pretty high priority.

I was just pming them to them, but ok...

I'm still waiting for MB to reply, I don't know exactly what kind of gold he wants, i've seen so many different kinds of "gold" on cars...

Once he gets what he wants, I'll post the finished version.

he's not going to be able to make it any "glossier" than how it appears in the pic already.

I do photoshop as well Digital Arts original major

-Ed

Cool, a professional. Now I don't have to try and explain it. ;) I can make it gold, but yeah, unless I did a lot of work with the lighting and reflections, it's not going to appear much more shiny than it already is. Reflections are what gives objects a glossy appearance.

heh, not too hard. First, you need a decent photoediting program. Best of the best is Photoshop. I've never used anything else, except for microsoft paint, but you can't do shyte with MS Paint like the stuff you can do in photoshop.

Anyway...First step:Get your picture. The easy ones to do are the profile shots. Photos of angles of the car, such as the front corner, showing the hood and side, take a lot more work.

Lets use this image.

Side.jpg

(keep in mind I have multiple layers of the same photo to work with.)

1. I take the image and squeeze it down to how short you want the car. Don't worry about the wheels or any other items in the picture being out of proportion.

2. On another layer, completely edit out the car from the background so it looks like it was never there. If you want to cheat, you can just touch up the area where the shrunken car doesn't cover, but leave the covered part alone.

Here is an example of where the car is edited out:

gone.jpg

3.On another layer, cut out the normal sized wheels and the surrounding flares separately, then arrange each of them over the shrunken car where it looks right. If you need to, you can scale the wheels down a little bit.

4.merge the layers, and blend the flares back into the car.

5.Cut out any other parts, such as mirrors, door handles, or any other objects on the car that don't look right on the shrunken car, and put them where they need to be.

Walah!

actual.jpg

And that's pretty much it...I wish I could include more accompanying pics to show the steps, but that would be a small pain in the rear to do that right now, so sorry. You can go even farther and do small things to it, such as chop the roof down to make the windshield more naturally sloped. You can make it look really bizarre and chop the nose and rear of the normal sized car on, which gives it a really cartoonish appearance.