HybridZ

What do you guys think of this color?

big-phil

This is just a test paint on the underside of my hood. Mind you in most spots there is not full coverage, and it was only washed-not prepped.

Is it to orange? I dont want it to look like a "school bus yellow" type of orange.

18523124471-thumb.jpg

18523121355-thumb.jpg

18523113313-thumb.jpg

1852309359-thumb.jpg

18523090190-thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with it. Its ACE hardware Rust..?.. something "safty orange" mixed 50/50 with thinner and sprayed on. About $14 a gallon?? After this test area drys I'll see how it feels, hardness and such.

Looks good, but I wonder if it would be just too much if the entire car was that color. You might want to do some stripes, or paint some highlight areas like the hood hump or something.

So how is spraying just south of Dallas anyway?

Any of your neighbors caring?

At least the humidity is much lower there than Houston and do you have some kind of a paint booth built to do this?

Looks good' date=' but I wonder if it would be just too much if the entire car was that color. You might want to do some stripes, or paint some highlight areas like the hood hump or something.

So how is spraying just south of Dallas anyway?

Any of your neighbors caring?

At least the humidity is much lower there than Houston and do you have some kind of a paint booth built to do this?[/quote']

I have almost 2 acers acres(how do you spellthat?) the cows do not seem to mind, no paint booth just a shop next to the house the one in the pics

Big-phill that is totally excellent about your land and where you can spray. Have you sprayed much before? Just make sure you prep the car really well. I think I rember you from the one douth Dallas Meeting I attended. I liked what you started with and you mounted a very nice power seat in the driverside. I might be at this Thursdays meeting there so hopefully see you there.

I went with black paint. I went to Home depot to look at more colors and BAG it hits me as I pull into the parking lot! The Homedepot rental truck is parked right in front of me. Orange!! I think the orange I picked was the same color. I looked for my camera but it was at home. I've got 3 coats on right now, and will take a look, and might wet sand Monday? Looks pretty good! I'll put pics up in the morning sucka.............

Guest 280ss1976

well to give u a idea i used chevy hugger orange this what it cam out like 891_thumb.attach

005_thumb.jpg hope it helps with that orange decision

Hell yes! Thats gonna be my Z's color, Hugger Orange. Right now it's the stock orange, but pretty crappy shape. Go for it!
maybe once we get our cars painted, we can meet up or something, see which looks nicer. ;)

Whoops, sorry about the double post, I meant to hit edit. There doesn't seem to be a delete-if-no-one-has-posted-after-you feature.

Well here is 3 coats of black, I have not wet sanded. Boy I thought the body was smoothed out. I like it ok, I still wonder what that orange would of looked like? I just thought that all my door sills are already black, so this was the easy way out. I will wet sand monday after work. I just wanted it to look better than it did with all the primer.

18912194669-thumb.jpg

18912201665-thumb.jpg

18912215222-thumb.jpg

18912223164-thumb.jpg

18912230030-thumb.jpg

18912233637-thumb.jpg

18912241376-thumb.jpg

Awwwww, I wanted to see some pics of you with a paint roller and beer, I was expecting a full writeup on roller painting like a pro. Looks good though, do they sell clearcoat for any reason at homedepot?(cant think of a reason why you'd need clearcoat in a house) because if you can get that for semi cheap that would give it a good chunk of glossyness(word?) if the wetsanding doesn't do it up to your standards. Good job.

Guest 280ss1976

i stick to my hugger orange lol if u want to see final product i should have it all painted in 3 weeks cause i gonna sand it down had some high low spot and smooth it out