HybridZ

blow off return

jerryb

Whats the best spot to place the BOV return line.....I know it should be after after the MAF but does it matter where? Before or after the turbo? I was thinking just before the entry side of the intercooler???

I had put mine before the turbo with a nozzle pointed in that direction. It seemed to help the turbo stayed spooled. Although I have gone thru turbos every other oil change so it may not be the most reliable. But I'm sure that that wasn't caused my turbo failures. 30+ boost is what I feel the culprit was. :mrgreen:

ive noticed with nissans that recirculating the BOV pressure back into the intake helps with keeping the idle steady, esp when coming to a stop.

The ECU reads the air that came in through the MAF, and when the excess air is released into the atmosphere the system looses pressure and the ECU compensates for that by throwing in a little more fuel, which is why youl maybe notice a small backfire or black smoke and stumbling idle.

So save your self some money on gas and spark plugs. Recirculate that BOV.

All that money just to hear your BOV go Paaaashiiiek. I think you should just do what you intended on doing IMO.

all that money to get a good tune and more power from what you already have.

and i am not really a fan of atmo BOVs, i am putting a filter on mine because there is no where for it to plumb back to.

• 3 weeks later...

this was 3 weeks ago, but make sure that the air flows towards the turbo and none can make it back to the AFM ,, ie if it comes in at a T connection air goes both ways and will make the AFM measure airflow and dump fuel into the engine..