HybridZ

Pinks Video

scarp

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a ? though.

Why in the hell didn't ya'll put together a forged high compression 406ci sbc and run a 300+ shot of Nitrous and sandbag it?

No need. If this car was built properly and the engine tuned correctly the z would have been just as fast as the monte if not faster.

The Monte guys had their mind set that a turbo was like nitrous. They kept saying "but you got a turbo" whenever Hybridz brought up the nitrous.... i guess the guys didn't get the fact that turbo doesn't add more HP like nitrous does... HP for HP both car were close and shoulda run outright. The nitrous was just silly.

screw them white lighting drinking hicks with their B.S. ways. Re-match! I say shhhiiii I got a Z shell in my backyard Ill donate to the cause!!!

DO IT AGIAN!!!!

and yes props to everyone that put up money, time, and blood into it...

Twaz fun TV to see!

when they kept sayin "but you have a turbo" ya shoulda said you got a v8!

Or even better "but there's no replacement for displacement!"

yea, buncha sand bagging idiots.

I wonder how much they were really sandbagging. I've watched it twice and it didn't seems as bad the second time. I'm gonna compare the two nitrous runs and compare. I'm thinking that the nitrous was a BIG shot and the motor was built for it. If that's the case the cars might have been fairly even heads up that night with no nitrous. Sure we know the Z could have been faster and was having issues, but if you watch the 4th race it seems the monte is pulling pretty hard and it was a close race. If that was really close to all out NA then heads up should be a good race. In the 1st race the Z had a bad launch that made it a poor comparison race. (correct me if I'm wrong garrett but it seemed to me the 1st race was one of the slowest of the 5)

just my .02 cents. We definately could have taken them on though with the Z in good running condition.

No need. If this car was built properly and the engine tuned correctly the z would have been just as fast as the monte if not faster.

Thumper, I thought you were more involved in this project. That whole Holset turbo was the same as your setup at SEZ...right?

What was wrong with the build of the car?

Thumper' date=' I thought you were more involved in this project. That whole Holset turbo was the same as your setup at SEZ...right?

What was wrong with the build of the car?[/quote']

I was part of it at the very early stages. Help get donations organized and I tore down the car and etc... Then something personnal between 73turbo240z and I came up so I forced away from the build. Now with hindsight i'm glad I wasn't near the problems that have arised from the pinks build crew.

Yes the holset was the same I was using. They waited untill the last second to do jobs they could have done 2 months earlier (no joke) and they used short cuts and no one there knew how to tune megasquirt on a l28.

(correct me if I'm wrong garrett but it seemed to me the 1st race was one of the slowest of the 5)

We intended to lose the first race, knowing that we would get 60 footed. I turned the boost controller off and bogged it down off the line, if you watch it again he pulled a wheel off the ground and then I drove it hard after that and he let out half track, so there was all kinds of crap going on, LOL.

Guest l28et

Garret - Nice driving, good attitude (whether legit or not) :D

To all others - Thanks for effort put into this

I DVRed the episode and watched it today... Needless to say, it was ******* intense to watch. The sandbagging, overheating, good ole southern boys, ya'll not starting on the line, etc etc etc

I don't want to pass judgement without all the facts, but what Drhunt is saying, the car was poorly built (Not the motor) - Either way, it sucks ya'll lost.

Props to ya'll for reppin HBZ tho - you didn't come off like assclowns on TV like the hillbilly competition.