HybridZ

Hybrid Z Car Sponsorship?

Twoeightnine

If hybridz is interested in sponsering a drift car' date=' I will be running national pro events, demos, major car shows, regional drift events,as well as judging u.s.drift amature events, and instructing u.s.drift's drift101 school .some of the events would be televised.... we do demos for mid-ohio, we just did one before the american lemans race, and grand am cup race..drifting is getting alot of noteriaty lately expecially among the young croud..

If anyone is interested i can send them some info on our "U.S.DRIFT / OUTBRAKE MOTORSPORTS drift team crew and driver.. THIS CAR WILL GET EXPOSURE.

Derrick

U.S.DRIFT MIDWEST.[/quote']

I think you need to address the comments on page four of this thread first....

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106170&page=4

LARRY

After following this thread for a while,a thought came to mind.Rather than a sponsorship,why not just offer a contingency?(sp?).Maybe start a separate fund that could be filled by vendor donations or products,member donations,maybe funnel a few dollars from SEZ leftovers,just anywhere we can get a few bucks without hurting site maint. costs.Anybody who represents the HybridZ well I.E. winning a high profile event(be it Drift,drag,autocross ,NOPI,show...whatever,Have the Admins or even the membership vote the amount of the gift.Anyone can nominate themself or anybody they see represent HybridZ and its core values well.I pay a small membership fee to my local Z car club and over the years we have accumulated a tidy little fund.We dole it out for just such reasons.It seems to work and we have never had a dispute.Just a thought...

Interesting thoughts quicker240.

It is easy math to see that a few hundred folks that are sponsorship friendly tossing in a five dollar bill into a fund that was properly managed could go a long way in promoting our beloved Zs.

Be nice if it worked that way. It certainly could.

Site support has a need as well. Any though to site support being part of a sponsor program. That would also keep with the no subscription required mind set that Dan has maintained and leave the funds issue to the givers on a continued voluntary basis. Sponsorship would go towards event and site support. Two birds, one stone.

Where is the money going to come from that you speak of?

I think that we are speaking of members who would wish to donate.

My statements were geared to suggest that a sponsorship fund could include the site it'self. If persons wish to promote the Z Car experience, the site (Hybrid Z) does that as well.

Well, what had been kicked around was selling off the pinks car parts for a new build, actually that's larrys wishes for the parts. Then for members to donate money to finish the build if necessary and participate in their own capacity. The goal would be a car of impeccable quality that anyone would be proud to display. This may take awile to build as well.

We were looking for some way of sustaining funds through donations or sales of?? I guess tee shirts, hats, pins etc. would be one way of adding funds. Custom one off parts would be another. Anyway it's a thought since SuperDan owns some other domain names closely related to hybridz.org. Keep in mind that hybridz.org has to have money as well just to exist for all of us to use. So donate to that regardless of amount.

It's rather complicated, but it would be doable depending on the organization and structure of a "group", timeframe and funding sources.

Pinks was a collaboration of a few that went to the many solely on behalf of the few. This is a discussion about a few that want to appeal to the entire hybridz members that should result in a tangible object with a name and apperance.

Sponsorship seems to have the same type of competition but it puts members in competition with other members and as it has been said. "Certainly won't please everyone", and has the same problems associated with just another build, plain and simple. The idea is to discuss what is on the table.

While there are members that pretty much do as they please with their own builds, there are those that don't and can't but would like to participate in something no matter how small the contribution is and whether the contribution is work or parts or $.

I'm neutral, I have 3 race vehicles now and pleanty to do as it is. In fact since work has been pouring in the z will be getting a complete makover including, new front suspension and new engine, and the '33 dodge will be getting the 406 that is currently in the z.

Fine example Doc.

A quality, purpose built, project is what its all about. And thats truly regardless of the racing genera. It's about representation and pride.

The car/site deserves that type of representation.

One project or more, I'll support a project of this caliber.

Any other projects with this caliber potential?

this is stupid. what other online community owns there own car? Nobody does... do you know why? because shops and customers belong to online communities, and customers buy from shops, so shops need advertising so shops help sponsor sites for ad sections and shops own cars so that the customers on that site buy from them. And there are only a handful of z car shops so they dont even really need the advertising. All modern-motorsport has to do is let us know he is there.. and he has more business than he needs. 99% of the members on this board are individuals who do not work for a car shop that specializes in Z's. check out supraforums, or 300zxforums, or rx7forums, 30% of the memebers there are staffs from shops like sp engineering, z1 motor sports, mazdatrix, mvp performance, horsepowerfreaks.. etc.

A a side from that.. whats the point? nobody would ever agree on a motor, nobody would ever agree on a purpose.. it would probably tear the forum apart. so you said what.. get a few people to build one together? how is that different from now.

So if i start a project 7m car now.. ffim, zg flares, 61mm turbo, rs watanabe wheels.. i want to use it for road racing/ street. why is it any worse or better than alex's sr car... or hokes l28 car.. or stonys rb car...this is pointless. so if you give money to alex or stony.. should my feelings be hurt? what if im faster at road atlanta? what if you give me the money and the stickers, and 2 months down the road im having trouble getting attention, but Mikes green beast shows up in s3, superstreet, and one of the new car dvd's?

this is a bad idea.. look at the pinks thread. learn from the past. BAD BAD IDEA.

Most of the guys on hybridz would Gladly pay for and wear a badge. i wear my hybirdz hat and shirt all the time even though right now.. i dont currently own a z car. and i tell people all the time how much i love this forum.its the job of the people to support the forums they love.. not the forums to support the projects of the people.

Maybe start a separate fund that could be filled by vendor donations or products,member donations,maybe funnel a few dollars from SEZ leftovers,just anywhere we can get a few bucks without hurting site maint.

Just for the record, and to keep things straight. SEZ operates on NO budget. We start with NO money and we end up with NO money. We don't keep any money from any event. All money collected goes to pay for the prizes that are awarded at the end of the day and the track rental if need be. The Organizers are all VOLUNTEERS, working all through the year to put on the event and make it what it is (and more to come in the future).

If there is any money left over after paying for the raffle prizes, it is divided up and given back to the attendees in the form of "Cash" prizes for different things such as: Fastest Pass by Class, Most modified car, Organizers Pick for Best in show, etc.

We keep NO money thats collected from the attendees and if we don't bring in the required amount of people to pay for the track rental, some of the money from the Tech passes and raffle tickets goes to make up the difference instead of being able to award it back to the attendees in the form of prizes.

Just wanted to make these points so that everyone would know that the SEZ Shootout is a NOT FOR PROFIT event.

Thanks,

Warren

YUp, And I think SEZ has it RIGHT!

Majik, We've held off allowing other companies to advertise on our site. We don't like the thought of the popups or advertisements on the site... Quite frankly, it's annoying when you go those other sites and try to navegate through the site to read useful info. We've tried to avoid that and to make the site as useful to you guys as possible...

As for this whole notion of sponsorship, I'm very neutral on it... I told Dan and Doc that I'd be happy to work as mediator between pinks staff and HybridZ if there was another PINKs car, and I can promise you that there would be no "You guys gotta do it two hours early Bravo Sierra" being pulled... If I'm involved, We'd tell them to pound sand and go home. I don't have that burning desire to be on TV. :roll:

But first and foremost, Larry's wishes should he followed... The guy really was doing this in the memory of his late wife, and he's adopted HybridZ as his family to help get him through this loss. Let's get those parts auctioned off and figure out what the sum of monies is... Then we can talk about where we go from here...

From a personal standpoint, I don't have time to work on a build, which is why JamieT has my Zcar right now, working on it for me. With my personal schedule, time is becoming more and more the premium as my company grows...

Mike

Let me put it this way...

Larry wants the parts to be sold and money used for a new build in his wife's memory, period, end of story.

My understanding is Dan, myself and Larry will make that happen, one way or the other.

If anyone wants to be in on it great! The more the merrier.

There will be no discussion on powerplant and drivetrain and function, it's dictated by what we have and what is donated. We were pondering a 2+2 chassis for a longer wheelbase, but I have a standard 260 sitting outside.

It may take a year or more to build, but it will be a nice car that probably runs 8's in the 1/4 on motor.

Excellent.

Sounds like a good way to go.

As I had interjected earlier, with respect to racing teams, There is always a program, and a head of program. Thoes that wish to participate do so.

I personally have not heard of a "democratic" race team.

Doc. Are you going to start a race build thread/forum for thoes that wish to join? With help, do you think that next summer is a possibility?

Nope

The pinks car belongs to Larry "Cozy Z Cole", it is his wish that it become a new build, new life, in his wife's memory.

I had proposed a hybridz build since I had gotten so many PM's regarding another build.

But if it isn't agreed upon as a hybridz build then it'll be just another build, maybe a group build but not a hybridz build.

People do have that option, and can participate or not at their discretion.

• 3 months later...
Let me put it this way...

Larry wants the parts to be sold and money used for a new build in his wife's memory, period, end of story.

My understanding is Dan, myself and Larry will make that happen, one way or the other.

If anyone wants to be in on it great! The more the merrier.

There will be no discussion on powerplant and drivetrain and function, it's dictated by what we have and what is donated. We were pondering a 2+2 chassis for a longer wheelbase, but I have a standard 260 sitting outside.

It may take a year or more to build, but it will be a nice car that probably runs 8's in the 1/4 on motor.

If you don't mind me asking how did Larry's wife pass?

Ok ,now that i have been informed. here's my ?. Is the idea of this build up closed or is it still open. If it is still open this is what i propose. I have a 77 280z that is currently in paint jail and awaiting a media blasting. now i have allready paid $2500 for the paint and $500 for the car and i'm am willing to donate it to this project. now i don't care who keeps it, i don't care who drives it so long as when we are done with it we auction it off and all the money goes to the charraty of Larry's choice in his wife's name. Now i have 2 z's that i will donate to this cause. We can do 2 cars, 1 auto cross and 1 drag but lets do 1 at a time. And as for the 2nd car i say we auction it off to have a huge z meet somewhere in the middle of the country and get some t.v. people to be there(e.s.p.n.2 or one of the Power Block shows from Spike t.v.) and advertise the Hybrid Z site that way. let me know what you people think!