HybridZ

Miles/ year driven?

John Scott

I'm curious, with 4000+ members how many miles annually do you drive your Hybrid Z? Daily transportation? Just track days? Shows? I usually add up about 500-1000 miles/year. I decided to get out more this year, car meets, holidays, drags etc. Gas prices have had an impact, but still consider it woth the expense. I expect around 2K by winter when it gets put away.

I'm putting about 8,000 miles/year on my 1977 280Z and closer to 10,000/year on my 1993 300ZX convertible.

The 280 has 225,000 miles on the chasis but a lot less on every other component. LS1 only has about 25,000 on it now. The Z32 has right at 115,000 on it and is pretty much original except for some cosmetic stuff.

I put about 12k on my 260 from March 04 when I got it running to October 05 but then I started uprading and since then I have put about 750 miles on it with 500 of those going to a car show after doing some last minute assembly. This next year it wil probably get less than a mile just from moving it around in the driveway. Time to get a good motor built. I was driving it 200-300 miles a week except when it broke down.

I put around 10,000 miles on my '73 per year, driving it every weekday to school (11 mile round trip), and wherever I need to go on the weekends, year round. Engine and chassis have 143k on them (sat for 16 years).