HybridZ

Installed Driver's side racing seat

olie05

This was a simple install, but I am still not happy with it. These are corbeau forza imitations, and, like the originals, they have that little "thigh pillow". They push my legs into too much of a bend to reach the pedals and they are a little uncomfortable. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the seat lower I would be very happy to hear them.

pics:

All_of_the_Pictures_on_the_Camera_409_Medium_.jpg

All_of_the_Pictures_on_the_Camera_406_Medium_.jpg

All_of_the_Pictures_on_the_Camera_404_Medium_.jpg

The problem with the Z seat brackets is that the front is so much higher than the back. It's pretty tough to lower the front of the seat unless you cut the whole seat bracket out.

When I installed Recaros I had a similar problem and my calves would go to sleep if I drove for more than 20 minutes or so. I cut the bracket that attached to the slider and welded it in place at an angle to try and fix this problem. The other thing you might try is raising the back of the seat.

seat1.jpg

If you get totally frustrated, you can try something like I did for my new Ultra-Shield seat, but that's going to be a bit more involved. Info here: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106974&page=3

I'm going through the same trouble, the calves hurt when you push down a pedal. In addition the space between the seat and the steering wheel is minimal and a pain to get in and out of(this is where a removable hub would be handy). Oh and I cant see from like 40-80mph or so because the steering wheel is in the way. I'm hoping to attempt to cut out the stock stuff and pray that the floor is solid enough to bolt down some miged box steel seatrail so that I can get low enough and still have some degree of leaning back.

Jason

that will work, but it will only bring the seat down abut 1-2" from where I have it, and I will lose sliding capability.

Also, putting the seat that far away from the pedals will not work for me.

currently I have the seat adjusted to where the seat is halfway over the front bracket. (did that make sense) either way its adjusted very far up.

I think the best bet will be to cut out the stock brackets and weld in some square tubing like jon did. That way I'll retain the seat sliders and lose some bend in my leg.

yo oliver, those seats look great man! did you get that bump banged in any further? ;)

as far as the sliding goes.. i'll try to make a provision for it to slide front to back later on but for now, its welded in for just me, which is how i like it! lol icon14.gif

a5t8vw, nice ride man. i only know of people who sell the fabric but they told me i'd have to go to an upholsterer to get it cut and sewn. if you find out let me know...

oliver, i c. why is the switch in your door though?