HybridZ

So just how big is "BIG"?

Two40MuscleZ

I think that is the same size DMSV8 installed on his 260.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/Mvc-877x.jpg

I would like to think that I am the only one to ever run this big a tire on a Z. DMSV8 ran a similar tire, but his was 29"x15.5"x15" which is the next size down. I don't doubt that somewhere someone else is running one!

In response to your questions regarding the rear end; I contracted Art Morrison Ent., in Fife, Washington to build a custom rear clip with a narrowed Ford 9" rear pumpkin, Strange Coil Over shocks, Roll cage and tin kit. I ordered a new Currie 9+ 3rd member from J&S Gear in Huntington Beach, CA. After some discussion with "OX" (BlueOvalZ), a 4:11 geared Detroit Locker style, with Currie 31 spline axles was the final choice. The fender flairs are fiberglass custom one offs' that I fabricated. The overall width of the rear flairs measure 76.5" outside to outside. The tires just fit in snugly with enough clearence not to worry about rubbing or bottoming out. I did follow the same stock fender flair silloette to keep the basic lines. Cost for the above, approx $8,000.

• 2 weeks later...