HybridZ

Drifting Rentals!?

240ZR

Lol My new thing since i am i the military and rent cars ALOT now (my baby is in cali) is learning to get an automatic RWD car sideways......... so far, I've tried a GTO (no luck too much weight, and made a very ugly powerslide int he parking lot), 350Z needs to be a stick ebreaking and lack of power and drive line control make it impossible......

So..... I'd like a list of cars you think are difrtable and are rentals.... I've been hunting the rental companies out here and i've found a FEW places that have sticks you can rent but they are hard to get.... i've got a Mustang lined up with hertz for next week...... and I am working on a Miata for sometime soon.....

only a few more months untill I get the John C, make over and join the 35k+ into a 30 year old car club.....

Lol My new thing since i am i the military and rent cars ALOT now (my baby is in cali) is learning to get an automatic RWD car sideways......... so far' date=' I've tried a GTO (no luck too much weight, and made a very ugly powerslide int he parking lot), 350Z needs to be a stick ebreaking and lack of power and drive line control make it impossible......

So..... I'd like a list of cars you think are difrtable and are rentals.... I've been hunting the rental companies out here and i've found a FEW places that have sticks you can rent but they are hard to get.... i've got a Mustang lined up with hertz for next week...... and I am working on a Miata for sometime soon.....

only a few more months untill I get the John C, make over and join the 35k+ into a 30 year old car club.....[/quote']

Shelby GT-H, but you need a plane ticket to prove you're visiting the area.

this is the greatest thing i ever heard....renting cars to beat them..then return with 50% less tire tread and a worn clutch...the life!
my first autocross event, I was talking to a guy in a rented miata. He said he rented for every event, it was cheaper than buying new tires and just as fun! I always thought if you had a car that was the same as in a rental fleet, you could rent one every 6 months or so and swap wheels and never have to buy tires, unfortunately, its cheaper to buy tires than to rent a C6.

i just called hertz dont have any...:(

i should have thought about this last summer when i was in the new york city...me and my friends were waiting for "Auto show in Motion" to beat on their cars...man was that fun last year..i actually almost crashed the corvette...well more like "power slide"....

if u wanna drift, renting a corvette my be a good chioce!...first hand experince..lol

this is the greatest thing i ever heard....renting cars to beat them..then return with 50% less tire tread and a worn clutch...the life!

I heard that for Warren Buffett's 70th birthday, he rented an entire lots worth of rental cars and had a demolition derby. Pretty cool for a rich dude who's tight with his money.

My friend, the logistics manager for the race team I've worked for, used to rent cars to do rallycross stuff in. They'd bring it back loaded with gravel and dirt and no one would ever say a word. Always get the insurance though, because you never know when you'll role one.

I saw a shelby GT-H today, YAY first siting. Kinda makes me giddy, even though overal I wasn't very pleased with the result of the SVT/shelby colaboration for the GT500.

And the proof of airline ticket is only certain hertz locations, primarly the ones close to airports. Hertz usually carries some high end vehicles like jags and such that are primarely used for entertainment purposes, and they know that. So between me and my bro ganging up on dad we're gonna try to get some money together to rent one for a day. He has a long standing hertz relationship with permier membership (whatever they call it I forget) so maybe that'll count for something.

But yea, many places are charging around $150-180 per day for the GT-H and that seems like a good deal to me since a pair of nice tires will run for over $500.