HybridZ

468cu SBC 1040HP in a zcar, stock suspension

Yep thats right, we have been called upon for a match race. We have a 355 cu sbc, blown 6-71 in a Zcar, stock suspension. A guy named Rip has a 260Z with a fulton 468 cu sbc, 18 degree dart heads and a fogger nos along with a plate system. Wants a match race with us. Should be interesting, I know we better run our best.

Come and see it, we will be running at SEZ #7 Shootout September 10th at Silverdollar Raceway. It should be a good show, might have to change some blower pulley's or spray more than 20% nos to be able to out run him, we will have to see.........

We are pretty evenly matched, he is running a turbo 350, us a glide, same gear ratio's, same suspension setup with cv joints, I guess we weigh the same. He is just pushing alot more cubic inches..... He said it dynoed at the flywheel of 1040HP, no NOS...

Should be awsome to see, so come out to SEZ and joins us and welcome our new friend Rip and his Z-Car. I was told it was painted with a paint scheme like a zebra? I think Zebra stripes......

Anyway wanted to let everyone no about it, come out and cheer us on, we will need it....

John

Now that sounds like a good race...I wish I could be there to see it. Make sure to get some video.

You stated stock suspension, but have the rear ends have been beefed up? I'm pretty sure I read about jnj upgrading their's.

John, you show him and represent HybridZ...unofficially of course

:flamedevi

Now that sounds like a good race...I wish I could be there to see it. Make sure to get some video.

You stated stock suspension' date=' but have the rear ends have been beefed up? I'm pretty sure I read about jnj upgrading their's.

John, you show him and represent HybridZ...unofficially of course

:flamedevi[/quote'] Rip, and us both use the 300zxt cv axle convversion from M & M , other than that it is pretty much stock. Jerry

I'm part of that crew...we are worried about some of the tech issues..I'll try to get a pic of the heap on here...
I talked with Rip today and told him what the Tech guys told us. Fire Jacket ,battery box, if mounted in back of car and a ground strap on the fuel cell, and of course rollbar. and a driveshaft safety loop. Please send us some pictures of that BEAST, Rip said he would send me some. A video would be nice too. If you are Rip have any question give me a call, Rip has my cell phone number. Jerry:cool:

I'm the more tech person to the group, my cousin drives and Rip is the designated trash talker..lol. You guys are legends and i've been keeping up w your progress...I dont think we could run w yall in the quarter, it would be the first time ever on a quartermile track for us...but it'll be fun..

It looks like it is ready to rock, the paint scheme makes it look tough, looking forward to meeting the Alabama group and having some fun.

John

I dont know about all those numbers, I think the story got a little mixed up somewhere...But i've been told to let you guys know it's bad and ready to run. [img']http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g293/gearheadstik/2ada3a23.jpg[/img]

I would just think safety, helmet, rollbar, certified seat belt, stuff like that, plus we can tell them it is a 1/8 mile race so the speeds will not be that high like 1/4 mile. I would not worry, but remember bring a fire jacket.

John

I'm part of that crew...we are worried about some of the tech issues..I'll try to get a pic of the heap on here...

...we can tell them it is a 1/8 mile race so the speeds will not be that high like 1/4 mile. I would not worry' date=' but remember bring a fire jacket.

John[/quote']

1/8-mile? NO! We want to see at least a best 2 out of 3 1/4-mile passes.

What safety concerns do you guys have?

I'm the more tech person to the group, my cousin drives and Rip is the designated trash talker..lol. You guys are legends and i've been keeping up w your progress...I dont think we could run w yall in the quarter, it would be the first time ever on a quartermile track for us...but it'll be fun..

First time on the quarter with that much HP going against the PROs at

JNJ better start practicing i predict JNJ by at least 2 seconds.

1/8-mile? NO! We want to see at least a best 2 out of 3 1/4-mile passes.

What safety concerns do you guys have?

Scottie, where did you get the fender flares that you used on your black Z, I just put a set of 275/60/15 M/T drag radials they don't stick out to bad. It looks like how some of the mustangs with the 325/50/15 tires sits. The flares I think would look better. P.S I like the quarter too. I might need ZGad to bail me out in Sept. Jerry